Old Timer Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Timer Seats

Bought a front pair of cloth sedan sport seats from them.

They have a website: https://oldtimerseats.com/
    Also an ig account: https://www.instagram.com/oldtimerseatscom/

I got his whatsapp from the instagram bio, then we went on from there.
    They are based in The Netherlands.

I don't know if I should mention the cost and shipping? Well I'm not shy, so.

Sold me the seats for 1250 euro and shipping was around 160 euro each to where I live, so a total of 1570 and he rounded it to 1550.
    They were in dashed velour with the regular cloth bolsters, which I was happy about cuz my interior was dashed velour.

Seats arrived in good condition, well packaged. There was sound deadening foam beneath the base, and some white foam around the seat and then a lot of bagging on the whole bit.
    The seat base was a little bent just around the bolt holes, no big deal, just peeled it back with a screwdriver. Most probably this was from shipping, they usually drop the stuff at an angle, so anyway.

I cleaned and greased both seats. The cloth was pretty much clean.
    The base was filthy though, a good several years of dirt came off.
    And after greasing all the joints and pivots, all functions were good.

I asked about the shocks and he said the shocks are toast almost all the time but said he could fix them for $25 a shock, so $200 for both seats. I thought I'll just do it myself.
    The shocks did have some life in them though, so even better.

He did show good pictures in the chat of seats, they looked good, and they arrived in that condition. I pointed out the only damage I could see was around the passenger knee support, he confirmed it.
    Then he said he has a gift that he will add once I send the payment.
    Turns out he had a spare bit of cloth from another knee support that he just added, sweet!

Also we had a mix-up with the shipping address, I think there was a bit of miscommunication there but he fixed it and was chill about it.

Overall pretty good experience. Would recommend.

Do I need to post some pictures or is this just fine?
Working...
X