X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightmare experience with Signature Motoring

NIGHTMARE experience with Signature Motoring

The full story as it developed is here:

The short story is this - I PayPal'd "Ocean Distribution" for a Signature Motoring heat shield on Nov. 3, and after a frustrating lack of communication, was told that the shield would ship on Nov. 23. Two weeks later, on December 3, I queried Signature Motoring on the item and received no response:

Four days later, I received a default "brushoff" email from another representative that had no explanation of the misrepresented ship date, no tracking number, and nothing to offer except unacceptable, vague nonsense. Concerned because Signature Motoring had my money for over a month now with nothing to show for it, I opened a dispute with PayPal and detailed my concern that it was going on three weeks since their promised ship date, I had no explanation for the delay, no tracking number, and no further faith that Signature Motoring was capable of honoring any aspect of their promises. I also sent an email to Signature Motoring informing them of their loss of the privilege of my business and I escalated my PayPal dispute to a full claim.

At this point, you would think there would be some attempt at customer service. Perhaps even a modicum of professionalism, or even a trace amount of concern on their part that their complete lack of follow-through had not only cost them a customer, but guaranteed them horrible feedback via the electronic medium. At this point, I assumed that they were Internet scammers due to the almost comical silence from the Signature Motoring camp.

Until I received their laughable threat of a lawsuit. However I did not receive just one, but rather two threats as they erroneously sent me their default form letter/template before it was properly edited.

I received the "finalized" version a few minutes later.

These emails suggest a poorly constructed form letter fdrom someone with little knowledge of real law in a crude attempt to sound educated. Of particular note are the improper characters indicative of a failed cut-and-paste, and the fact that Signature Motoring was either too lazy or lacked the foresight to remove them in order to have it read correctly. I truly feel sorry for anyone simple enough to believe that garbage to be official, and find it sadly amusing that they thought it would work on me.

I proceeded to contact a few attorney friends to get their opinions on the matter, and as suspected, the Signature Motoring lawsuit threat was a baseless, hollow, laughable attempt to get me to close my PayPal claim before they were required to respond on Dec. 20. I reported this violation of their terms of service to PayPal and intend to assist them in their investigation into the matter, something that I am sure will be nonexistent as PayPal's interest in protecting their clients is as trustworthy as a Signature Motoring promise.

Sadly, while I had every intention of refusing shipment of anything delivered by Signature Motoring, the intake was delivered on Wednesday, Dec. 16, 43 days after they received my payment on Nov. 3, and 23 days after I was told it would ship. It was shipped USPS with delivery confirmation that did not require a signature, and that night I received this from PayPal as a result:

In response to your claim, the seller has provided proof of shipment
    indicating that the item was shipped to you. Because the seller was able to
    provide proof of shipment, we cannot reverse this transaction or issue a
    refund. We encourage you to continue to work directly with the seller to
    amicably resolve this matter.

PayPal does not tolerate fraud or illegal activities. Your complaint has
    been noted in the record of the PayPal user you reported. If we find this
    user has violated our policies, we will investigate and take appropriate
    action. If this occurs, you may be contacted in the future about the status
    of this complaint.

To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest you visit the
    PayPal site and click the Security Center link located at the bottom of any
    page. There you will find tips on how to avoid fraudulent sellers in the
    "Fraud Prevention Tips for Buyers" section.

Sincerely,

Protection Services Department
    As suspected

To recap, do not do business with Signature Motoring under any circumstances. Signature Motoring took my money, waited a week to contact me, and then lied about the shipment date. When confronted by their unacceptable business acumen, Signature Motoring then threatened a baseless lawsuit that sidestepped PayPal's terms of service once I filed the claim.

Given the nature of my "business" with Signature Motoring I recommend avoiding them at all costs.
    Chris | Debut Thread | Night Shots | Snow Shots |Youtube |60-130 |IP S52 91 325is

Well that sucks. Wish I had read it before I ordered from them. That lawsuit BS is ridiculous.
    sigpic

Comment

So how do you like the part? It's yours, so...

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggens96 View Post
        Well that sucks. Wish I had read it before I ordered from them. That lawsuit BS is ridiculous.
        My sense is that you will be fine, just be prepared to receive 0 communication from them about construction or ship time, and if they do communicate a shipment date, do not hold them to it. This way, if by some miracle they have seen this thread and see this response to you, maybe there is a chance that they will employ a good business practice for a change and mend their ways. I won't hold my breath, but I do hope that the experience is different for you.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        So how do you like the part? It's yours, so...
        I am indifferent. After the nonsense I endured for the mistake of choosing to do business with them, they could have shipped me a diamond pave' solid gold heatshield that gained me 50 whp and I would still resent the process. Right now the box is sitting down in storage, I will get around to installing it at some point when I feel like looking at the thing again.
        Chris | Debut Thread | Night Shots | Snow Shots |Youtube |60-130 |IP S52 91 325is

Comment

They told me today that they had shipped my order on the 17th. We shall see
          sigpic

Comment

I honestly wish you the best of luck. Figure about a week for shipping from CA to CT, anything after that becomes more and more suspect. Especially since I doubt they gave you a shipping/tracking number along with their promise.

Comment

how much and do you get the filter with it?
              Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
              http://raceskids.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ejnight View Post
                how much and do you get the filter with it?
                i only ordered from them because the metal bracket that came with my bavauto intake kit snapped in half somehow...nothing to support the whole intake assembly, it was just flopping around.

i got the whole kit from signature, heat shield, k&n filter, aluminum AFM adapter...was $163 shipped, i believe
                sigpic

Comment

it is nearly impossible to get these guys on the phone. i tried yesterday for over an hour, and every time their automated message said "we're sorry, all of our representatives are currently assisting other customers." BULLSHIT. this is not that big of a company. I have left 4-5 messages for them asking to call me back, and I have yet to receive a call from them. Their automated message also says, "leave your name, number, etc. and we will return your call PROMPTLY - usually within the hour." BULLSHIT

I finally got them on the phone today, after calling at least 5 times, and after being immediately put on hold for several minutes, I was able to speak with someone. I found out that my package was shipped on either the 22nd or 23rd, the guy wasn't even sure. I was told before that it had been shipped on the 17th. (I paid them on December 9th.) Unacceptable. Of course, they could not give me a tracking number.

Furthermore, when I first inquired about their kit to find out what kind of mounting bracket it uses, they answered back with an email and then immediately sent me an invoice - arrogant, assuming that just because I ask a question, I want to order from them. That invoice was followed by a "request for payment" through paypal. FUCKING PRICKS

I hate Signature Motoring so much.
                  sigpic

Comment

I am really sorry man. It sounds like business as usual at Signature Motoring. :(

Comment

Ziggens96, how did things work out? It's been a month since I visited this thread, which might have been enough time for Signature to have actually delivered something to you.

Comment

I want a diamond encrusted gold plated 50WHP heat shield. And now I am not going to buy from those guys!!!

Closing SOON!
                        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by stereoinstaller1 View Post
                          i want a diamond encrusted gold plated 50whp heat shield. And now i am not going to buy from those guys!!!
                          Booya!

Comment

sorry dude, forgot to reply to this (almost a year ago)

yeah I wouldn't do business again with them either, they're just awful.

I was also very unimpressed with the fitment of the heat shield...there's a lot of room for hot air to sneak in around the edges, and the foam gasket thing they use around the hole where the intake goes into the heat shield enclosure just fell off when I was trying to install the whole assembly because the hole does not really line up right. It was kind of a pain in the ass, actually. You have to cut off the original welded tabs for mounting the factory intake to make this system work (bad idea.) Also you are supposed to secure the heat shield with supplied bolts that go through the metal wheel well, which I did not bother doing because it involves removing the driver's side wheel and plastic wheel well splash guards. I was at school at the time, didn't have my floorjack or proper tools, and I frankly felt that it was more effort than it was worth. Also, the nice machined aluminum adapter they send with the kit is impossible to use because it doesn't have enough clearance for the screws to mount it to the AFM. I had to use the equally shitty, warped plastic unit from my old BavAuto kit. Makes you wonder if SigMo even test-fitted one of these kits before they decided to rip off their customers. I should have just got that neat-looking CF kit from KA motorworks or whatever it's called.

of course, the induction sound with the K&N filter is nice, but as usual there is no noticeable performance gain to speak of.

Don't be like me and get fooled into buying one of these god-awful kits from this god-awful company.
                            sigpic

Comment

my dick could pound out a better heat shield
                              BattleWagon|1996 GT Vertigo

Comment

Working...
                              X