OnGreenPerformance.com - Buyers Beware: Do NOT Buy from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnGreenPerformance.com - Buyers Beware: Do NOT Buy from

So a few days ago, I was in the market to buy an OEM piece I needed to replace in my car. My AC Module Screen was going wack for a while and realized I had some spare cash to do a little maintenance work. Went on Ebay to buy and found a vendor called ongreenperformance. The item was shipped swiftly and I must commend them on that. Unfortunately though, it was just buttons and not the screen I needed. And from there, it went downhill.

See how this came about via Ebay's messaging system:

From me:

"Hello, I had received the item just recently. Unfortunately I was under the impression that this also included the pixel screen. May I get the complete module? Thank you."

From ongreenperformance:

"The Pixel screen is built into the control module, unfortunately we don't sell that, your only two options there is either to find one used, or buy a new one from BMW. Let us know if we can help you further.
    On Green Performance"

From me:

"If that is the case, I would like to place a return for this item since it is pertinent that I get the screen. Thats what is needed to be replaced. How do I go about in placing the return? The item has not been installed."

From ongreenperformance:

"As long as the item is brand new in the packaging and unused unopened you can return it. Its a 20% restock fee. Return the item along with a copy of your original invoice and a note as to reason for return-ordered wrong item to:
    On Green Performance-Returns
    PO Box 70128
    Rosedale MD 21237

On Green Performance"

From me:

"Wow, 20%. I guess that should cover the return shipping cost and your profit margin quite well. For future reference, you should indicate that in your ads due to its significant high percentage value. Anyway as mentioned in the previous email, it's never installed. I didn't even take it out of the plastic bag it came with. I do hope I don't get penalized for ripping up the USPS packaging since that's the only way to open it up. Before sending this item out, I wanted to be certain that return shipping is under your tab due to the high restocking fee. Please advise, thank you."

From ongreenperformance:

"The Shipping box is of no concern to us as long as the plastic sleve is still intatced and sealed, and none of the buttons have been removed. Return policy as listed-
    -Item must be Brand new in original unopened packaging
    -20% Restocking fee on all Returns
    -No Returns on Electrical items
    -No Returns on Used Parts
    -Buyer responsible for all S&H fees

We do not pay for return shipping and we don't refund the orginal shipping cost. Have a Good New Years
    On Green Performance"

From me:

"I understand that I will not be refunded the shipping cost to me, but I will not tolerate the fact that you're expecting me to cover the shipping back to you when it would only cost less than $5 which still gives u a decent profit margin from your restocking fee. I'm trying to be fair here. But if you insist on these terms, you leave me no choice but to file a dispute with the basis that your ad did not indicate such a return policy and that the ad was not clear on the item's specifics. It's your call to lose on all of your restocking fee. Happy Holidays as well."

AND THIS IS WHERE IT GETS HORRENDOUS: THEY DARE GIVE ME A LESSON READING AND PHONICS, BUT CAN'T EVEN SPELL RIGHT

From ongreenperformance:

"Its not our fault that reading comprehesnion is not a skill you have. Read the damn listing it could not be more clear that is only a button set copied exactly from our listing-"You are bidding on a Brand New from BMW in BMW Packaging Climate Control Button Set for the below listed applications. These are BMW OEM Buttons, BMW knew the digital climate control buttons where prone to breaking so they released this button set, this is NOT a climate control unit, but just a front panel with buttons, its designed to take the buttons off you need to replace your old, worn out and cracked buttons on your unit"

It clearly states this is NOT a Climate control unit, and the set is to take off the buttons you need and put it on your unit. It can't be more clear, we have sold hundreads of these and your the first person ever to have reading comprehesnion probleam. Also our Refund policy is clearly stated on the Shipping and payment tab on the listing. Go to the listing and click the shipping in payment tab its right there to read. And lastly for gods sake look at the frigen picture on the listing theres no way it could be a module or have a screen in it, its white were the screen would be is your screen white-no its not. I mean I know the average IQ in Califonia is 100 pionts lower but seriously."

I guess I just became another victim of Ebay. I guess it was my mistake for not closely reading into the fine print nor did I click on all the tabs. I guess I've just been spoiled by the higher level customer service that vendors in our forums commit too. But that last response from them, definitely left a sour taste in my mouth. I've already went ahead and filed a dispute with Ebay and Paypal. At this point, I don't really care if I get the money back. But what I do know is I won't let this business be given another chance to conduct business with any of my BMW Brethren without a proper "heads up" to you. So let this be a warning to you guys.

Lesson Learned: Beauty is not skin deep. Read the fine print.
    Last edited by jvcajita; 12-29-2009, 05:14 PM.

1999 e39 540it touring | grocery getter | m sport pkg
    1989 e30 325i vert | commander's car | stanced and poked
    2000 e39 528it touring | grocery getter | m sport pkg | RIP
    1986 e30 325e sedan | track star | krauted out | RIP

What is the item number so we can look at how it was listed.

http://www.europeanplates.com Build and Preview plates
    R3V Discount Code = R3V2012

Comment

Originally posted by jvcajita View Post
      So a few days ago, I was in the market to buy an OEM piece I needed to replace in my car. My AC Module Screen was going wack for a while and realized I had some spare cash to do a little maintenance work. Went on Ebay to buy and found a vendor called ongreenperformance. The item was shipped swiftly and I must commend them on that. Unfortunately though, it was just buttons and not the screen I needed. And from there, it went downhill.

See how this came about via Ebay's messaging system:

From me:

"Hello, I had received the item just recently. Unfortunately I was under the impression that this also included the pixel screen. May I get the complete module? Thank you."

From ongreenperformance:

"The Pixel screen is built into the control module, unfortunately we don't sell that, your only two options there is either to find one used, or buy a new one from BMW. Let us know if we can help you further.
      On Green Performance"

From me:

"If that is the case, I would like to place a return for this item since it is pertinent that I get the screen. Thats what is needed to be replaced. How do I go about in placing the return? The item has not been installed."

From ongreenperformance:

"As long as the item is brand new in the packaging and unused unopened you can return it. Its a 20% restock fee. Return the item along with a copy of your original invoice and a note as to reason for return-ordered wrong item to:
      On Green Performance-Returns
      PO Box 70128
      Rosedale MD 21237

On Green Performance"

From me:

"Wow, 20%. I guess that should cover the return shipping cost and your profit margin quite well. For future reference, you should indicate that in your ads due to its significant high percentage value. Anyway as mentioned in the previous email, it's never installed. I didn't even take it out of the plastic bag it came with. I do hope I don't get penalized for ripping up the USPS packaging since that's the only way to open it up. Before sending this item out, I wanted to be certain that return shipping is under your tab due to the high restocking fee. Please advise, thank you."

From ongreenperformance:

"The Shipping box is of no concern to us as long as the plastic sleve is still intatced and sealed, and none of the buttons have been removed. Return policy as listed-
      -Item must be Brand new in original unopened packaging
      -20% Restocking fee on all Returns
      -No Returns on Electrical items
      -No Returns on Used Parts
      -Buyer responsible for all S&H fees

We do not pay for return shipping and we don't refund the orginal shipping cost. Have a Good New Years
      On Green Performance"

From me:

"I understand that I will not be refunded the shipping cost to me, but I will not tolerate the fact that you're expecting me to cover the shipping back to you when it would only cost less than $5 which still gives u a decent profit margin from your restocking fee. I'm trying to be fair here. But if you insist on these terms, you leave me no choice but to file a dispute with the basis that your ad did not indicate such a return policy and that the ad was not clear on the item's specifics. It's your call to lose on all of your restocking fee. Happy Holidays as well."

AND THIS IS WHERE IT GETS HORRENDOUS: THEY DARE GIVE ME A LESSON READING AND PHONICS, BUT CAN'T EVEN SPELL RIGHT

From ongreenperformance:

"Its not our fault that reading comprehesnion is not a skill you have. Read the damn listing it could not be more clear that is only a button set copied exactly from our listing-"You are bidding on a Brand New from BMW in BMW Packaging Climate Control Button Set for the below listed applications. These are BMW OEM Buttons, BMW knew the digital climate control buttons where prone to breaking so they released this button set, this is NOT a climate control unit, but just a front panel with buttons, its designed to take the buttons off you need to replace your old, worn out and cracked buttons on your unit"

It clearly states this is NOT a Climate control unit, and the set is to take off the buttons you need and put it on your unit. It can't be more clear, we have sold hundreads of these and your the first person ever to have reading comprehesnion probleam. Also our Refund policy is clearly stated on the Shipping and payment tab on the listing. Go to the listing and click the shipping in payment tab its right there to read. And lastly for gods sake look at the frigen picture on the listing theres no way it could be a module or have a screen in it, its white were the screen would be is your screen white-no its not. I mean I know the average IQ in Califonia is 100 pionts lower but seriously."

I guess I just became another victim of Ebay. I guess it was my mistake for not closely reading into the fine print nor did I click on all the tabs. I guess I've just been spoiled by the higher level customer service that vendors in our forums commit too. But that last response from them, definitely left a sour taste in my mouth. I've already went ahead and filed a dispute with Ebay and Paypal. At this point, I don't really care if I get the money back. But what I do know is I won't let this business be given another chance to conduct business with any of my BMW Brethren without a proper "heads up" to you. So let this be a warning to you guys.

Lesson Learned: Beauty is not skin deep. Read the fine print.
      You should follow the big BOLD print.

These are BMW OEM Buttons, BMW knew the digital climate control buttons where prone to breaking so they released this button set, this is NOT a climate control unit

Originally posted by europeanplates View Post
      What is the item number so we can look at how it was listed.

Comment

Yeah, they kind of have a shitty attitude, but it looks like you failed to read the fine print.

It clearly says that they're selling only the buttons with the panel- no display ("pixels"), it also clearly states that there's a 20% restocking fee on ALL returns. And normally when you order an incorrect item, it's up to the buyer to pay return shipping.

I know it sucks, but man up- you learned a valuable lesson, right?

Comment

Honestly the listing is very clear and 20% is a standard restock fee. I would have not posted this but to each his own.

Ty

http://www.europeanplates.com Build and Preview plates
          R3V Discount Code = R3V2012

Comment

OP, srsly????
            :tsk:fail
            [IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/

Comment

The fact that they also listed the part number, and you can easily cross check it is also in their favor.

IE. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...64&fg=20&hl=30
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

The picture doesn't even show the screen.
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

As mentioned on my previous post, I now know I was at fault at a certain degree. I was willing to compromise, but when I read this on their contact page on their website:

"-Call Us

410-682-6744
                  Please Observe Business hours--What does that mean-it means if its 6PM on the west coast --thats you Cali, please don't call 17 times leaving 6 messages about how we never answer our phone-when we have been closed for a few hours. Nothing starts the next business day off better then 6 angry messages."

and also after reading that last response from them, I got on the defensive side.

I was mislead because of the fact that the AC module tends to break as whole and not just buttons...It's a commonly known E39 flaw. So when I clicked on it, and saw that the deal was $50 cheaper than the competition. I made a run for it...but sadly, ran with the wrong item...and later on, learned i ran with the wrong vendor...

and being in the retail automotive business, I personally would never do such a thing: Attacking the issue and worse insulting the customer's background.

Comment

IMO it is very clear in the add that it is the buttons only, right in the title it says 'buttons'.. the return policy is also right where it belongs and is exactly as the one that the seller sent to you. Its not the sellers fault that you bought the wrong item. They are offering there solution, which shouldnt be anything new to you, and if you dont like it then suck it up and either sell the item again, or write it off.....

IMO 20% isnt that high for ebay related items, look how much grief you have put the seller through already, and they dont even have a tracking number yet....

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

Dude you got it quickly and it was the wrong item for you. Only because you admittedly failed to read the fine print. That's messed up to make a transaction feedback thread about it since you're in the wrong. What is fucked up is that the transaction wasn't even made on r3v.:tsk:

I would've just accepted the 20% loss as a 'oops i fucked up fee, at least i am getting some money back'

(OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO) ///Motorsport
                      In this world, things aren't black & white. Its Delphin!

Parts, Buy Them--> http://picasaweb.google.com/transatl...eat=directlink

Snowboard & video game stuff --> http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=148645

Originally posted by Steve92E34
                      Your car is breathing my air, and so are you.
                      AND you are both still slow

Comment

Just got off the phone with Ebay =)...

Here's how their response went:

"We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please send back the item with the return label that we will be emailing you."

"We grant you a full refund of $118 for grounds that the seller is a complete misrepresentation of how an Ebay vendor should be. He may have been been factual and may have listed the return policy in hindsight while you were in error for not reading the whole ad, but because of the lack of professionalism he portrayed we honor you the full refund. We will also take recourse action in penalizing the vendor further as we don't see this fit with our mission statement."

All I can say now is I'm happy, and definitely learned from this experience as a consumer and as a seller. One, be careful of what you buy. Two, never bite the hand that feeds you.

This dispute could have been won by the vendor easily, but since he went way out of line, the customer was right on this one.

Comment

Wait!? You bought from the cheapest place available and expected to get 5 star customer service? Dude, you made the mistake. It was your fault. The only thing the seller did "wrong" was be rude while sticking to his advertised return policy. Now you are having eBay pay for your mistake? We all have you to thank for listing costs going up on eBay.
                          sigpic

Comment

This is epic fail!

Now the vendor who listed what he was selling accurately is going to have to eat all the shipping and everything because they do not hold up to 'eBay's vendor rules'. Srs? You were in the wrong. You bought an item and by purchasing it you agreed to EVERYTHING it says in the listing on eBay, paypal and such. Outside of the vendor getting a little aggressive in their response they did nothing wrong. You didn't read and know have gotten the vendor to pay for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                              Wait!? You bought from the cheapest place available and expected to get 5 star customer service? Dude, you made the mistake. It was your fault. The only thing the seller did "wrong" was be rude while sticking to his advertised return policy. Now you are having eBay pay for your mistake? We all have you to thank for listing costs going up on eBay.
                              Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                              This is epic fail!

Now the vendor who listed what he was selling accurately is going to have to eat all the shipping and everything because they do not hold up to 'eBay's vendor rules'. Srs? You were in the wrong. You bought an item and by purchasing it you agreed to EVERYTHING it says in the listing on eBay, paypal and such. Outside of the vendor getting a little aggressive in their response they did nothing wrong. You didn't read and know have gotten the vendor to pay for that.
                              As mentioned already, I had accepted my portion of the fault sir, but their fault (which was the biggest fault made) made caused them to lose the dispute entirely. As for Ebay paying for the label, I guess that's their way of paying me back for all those fees they charged me way back in the day =). I doubt a $5 shipping label will cause listing costs to go up with one single transaction =)...

Comment

Working...
                              X