DDM tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DDM tuning

Hey guys, thought I'd share my experience with ddm tuning and what a joke it's been so far. On February 27th I ordered a set of 35watt 5000k HIDs from DDMtuning.com FIVE DAYS later i get an email that they are out of stock and will be in March 9th, I call them and ask if they have 55w in stock, they do, so I pay the difference and they mail them out that day. I receive them a couple days later, March 6th I wanna say. I plug them in and test them and everything looks okay. I install them in my car and think I'm good to go. The next day I'm driving at night and notice the drivers side looks significantly dimmer than the passenger side, and the passenger side has a very visible blue tint to it. Not a color I'd expect from a 5000k 55w bulb. So, I open a support ticket and 2 days later, I get a reply to mail them in. It takes me a couple days to find time to mail them in, so I send the HID kit back March 13th. I request to exchange them for the 35w lights I originally wanted and they say no problem. The following friday, I receive the new HID kit, I open it up, and what do you know, a ballast is missing. I call them immediately and leave a message as it was after 6pm and they were gone for the day. Fast forward to today, I hadn't heard back from them (almost 6 days since I called them). I've been very busy with work and haven't had a chance to call them during the daytime this week, so this moring (march 25th) I call them and speak to a CS rep, she tells me to take pictures of the box and that they will have to file a claim with USPS because it left there warehouse at 3.0LBS. BS, my tracking number shows a weight of 2.6LBS, and the package was shipped with UPS, not postal service. I call back and let them know this, they still want pictures, I explain the box was perfectly sealed when I received it and obviously will look different now that I opened it. So, it's been just short of a month since I originally orded my lights and I'm still probably a week out from having a working set. Oh yeah and they never bothered to refund me the difference in cost from the 55w kit I paid for and the 35w kit I'm supposed to be receiving.

Just thought I'd share, sorry for the long post.:(

In a response from them I got today, the email said
    "Ticket ID: VFF-489050
    Department: Returns/Warranty
    Priority: Low

Priority low huh? Awesome.

Comment

The have a few newbs working there that don't know much about their own products.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

You'll have to take some time and blow up their phone systems on lunch breaks, smoke breaks and the like. I ordered a 55w 6000k HID kit setup for my Euro Smiley's and two days after the install a ballast burns out (swaped side to side and it just flat went ka-put). I contact them via "ticket" and had a similar run around. I blew up their phones all the next day. It was resolved within the next 2 days. Turns out they sent 55w bulbs and a 35w ballast (just one strangely). Now I have a spare ballast. And in the process, they sent me two more free 55w 5000k bulbs... not sure if they meant to, but that's how it turned out.

Ordered another setup just today for the other e30.

Moral of the story... bug 'em.
        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
          You'll have to take some time and blow up their phone systems on lunch breaks, smoke breaks and the like. I ordered a 55w 6000k HID kit setup for my Euro Smiley's and two days after the install a ballast burns out (swaped side to side and it just flat went ka-put). I contact them via "ticket" and had a similar run around. I blew up their phones all the next day. It was resolved within the next 2 days. Turns out they sent 55w bulbs and a 35w ballast (just one strangely). Now I have a spare ballast. And in the process, they sent me two more free 55w 5000k bulbs... not sure if they meant to, but that's how it turned out.

Ordered another setup just today for the other e30.

Moral of the story... bug 'em.
          I'm gonna have to call them and bug them again today, If I don't get anywhere I'm just gonna send them their shit back and have my bank reverse the charge.

Comment

All kits come with 55w bulbs
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Then I've no idea why that ballast went kaput so fast. Either way, resolved fairly fast if you bug 'em a bit.
              Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                Then I've no idea why that ballast went kaput so fast. Either way, resolved fairly fast if you bug 'em a bit.
                I have a sneaky suspicion someone there saw this post because yesterday they credited me back the difference in price between 55w and 35w and shipped a new ballast. Then i got a call today from UPS saying DDM is claiming that UPS lost the ballast, RIGHT, someone opened up the box and stole 1 ballast?

Comment

sounds like a bunch of idiots trying to run a buisness. they obviously don't know what they're doing.
                  sigpic

Comment

they're a pain in the ass to deal with at times... but you can't beat their prices, their product is good, and they always make right on their mistakes in the end.

if you don't like the sound of the above then spend more and realize you're paying the extra for the better service.
                    1997 BMW 328ic 5spd sport Moreagrun Metallic
                    1989 BMW 325is 5spd with a M50 swap
                    2006 Audi A3 6spd DSG sport with APR stg 2

Comment

Originally posted by th3blue View Post
                      they're a pain in the ass to deal with at times... but you can't beat their prices, their product is good, and they always make right on their mistakes in the end.

if you don't like the sound of the above then spend more and realize you're paying the extra for the better service.
                      +1, that's exactly right.

Comment

It isn't exactly intentional. They always have new people. Pain from growing too fast is the problem. They are really busy with the pricing they are offering.

Comment

DDM tuning OEM parts

DDM tuning was great when I last ordered OEM parts. Prices are usally far below other OEM suppliers and shipping time isn't bad.

So I ordered from them again hoping to get the same service I got last time with them.

I placed another order on May 14th still haven't received my parts. They haven't even been shipped or packaged. The status is still "pending fulfillment". GREAT

So I create a support ticket with them. Guess how long they took to tell me NOTHING HELPFULL?
                          A week!

We will see if it gets worked out.
                          I replied to their staff stating , "if they don't make it right I will take my money and my friend's money elsewhere".
                          Let's see what happens.

At the moment I would not recommend them.
                          Their prices are great and their customer service is terrible. Not the way to run a business.

I don't know what changes they have made since my last OEM order, but they are doing something wrong.

I'll let you know what happens!

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                          1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                          1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                          1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

My experience - and those of several others - has been that they're erratic. You'll get parts in two days. Or two weeks. Or two months. And you won't be able to anticipate which of the 'two' its going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by nmlss2006 View Post
                              My experience - and those of several others - has been that they're erratic. You'll get parts in two days. Or two weeks. Or two months. And you won't be able to anticipate which of the 'two' its going to be.
                              Do they make it up to people who get the 3 week shipping deal?

Sent from my DROIDX

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                              1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                              1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                              1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Working...
                              X