X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MR 325
    replied
    Yan, you're a great guy who did not deserve this.

Vlad will indeed get his one day.

Leave a comment:

• e30vert
    replied
    Yan -

You have set a standard for professionalism and good photo documentation with this thread and I commend you. When I try and put myself in your shoes I immediately realize that I would be incensed by knowing that someone I entrusted my car to decided to use it for their own uses and take it to a show or drive it around. This fact is a HUGE break in the client and service provider unwritten code. It is a code that is one of respect and consideration that a reputable service provider should always adhere to. Without exception.

It is understandable to test drive a vehicle after mechanical work has been performed and is expected. This is done by many shops as a road test. What we see here is a personal use of your car for no other purpose then to "pose" and solicit attention.

You have well documented what has transpired during this trade of services for money and I am extremely disappointed in the workmanship as are many here that can see first hand the "caliber" of work performed.

In the autobody business there are many "hacks" and is frought with shady shops that cut corners and find ways to undermine what should be a very straightforward process.

I am most surprised by the fact that Vlad allowed for the vehicle to leave in this condition !!! He had to be able to think ahead and realize that at some point in the not too distant future the workmanship would be made public and all of the glaring errors and inconsistiency. Jesus! Thats just cutting your own throat to allow this out the door!

I am empathetic to your situation in which you TRUSTED a fellow forum member that has an autobody shop to take care of you and show you the respect and attention to detail that we all would expect from someone that we entrusted our pride and joy to as well as our hard earned money.

Its a painful lesson - no doubt and I want to reassure you that it is not in vain as you will save many forum members from suffering the very same experience!

I wish you positive thoughts and luck with your quest for an ultra pristine example of what you know and love - the e30 M3!

Adapt and Overcome!

Leave a comment:

• kamotors
    replied
    thats horrible:( My maaco job doesnt even have half those flaws and cost me only 1k,
    sorry to hear.

Leave a comment:

• KillaCam
    replied
    holy shit!!!

Leave a comment:

• bmwm42
    replied

hmmm shady fucker

Leave a comment:

• lambo
    replied
    Originally posted by YAN-3 View Post
    - After thinking this through, praying and getting advice, I have come to this conclusion:

As much as I would like to take Vlad to court for not only the improper work done, but also driving my car without permission, I have come to accept the fact that biblically it is not right for one to take another to court (1 Cor 6, Mathew 18:15-17...) I understand many will disagree with me, and many have let me know this already, but in the Lord’s eyes it is the right thing to do. I believe Vlad will one day get what he deserves; I am not the 1st person who has been wronged by him.

-I am posting these photos to show some of the flaws. As you can imagine most of the waves and dings and sand marks are hard to capture with a camera.

-Vlad, I gave you plenty of time to think about it, and have tried contacting you so many times and in so many different ways, yet still no response or acknowledgement. You made up lies and posted false statements, and at this point I just want to bring closure to this terrible ordeal.

- Vlad, you should be ashamed of yourself for conducting yourself in such a manner. You yourself called this a "tight community"

- However I believe that through every life experience, good or bad, we learn valuable life lessons. Sadly this one cost me $6,000 and my e30 M3.
    You, sir, are a strong man. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• mach schnell
    replied
    Someone on S14.net pointed out that THIS bubble is visible in Vlad's own photo of Yan's M3, finished. So apparently the trucking company did not damage and then repaint the front bumper. Can't say for sure about the rest of the car though.....

Leave a comment:

• Sputnik
    replied
    Wow. Yan, you did the right thing. Money is replaceable, but someone's reputation isn't.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Vivek
    replied
    This is terrible. Those runs and drips are complete bs, I could spray a car better than that. And your headliner...the fact that he drove it without your permission...

Leave a comment:

• giantkeeper
    replied
    They say a pictures is worth a 1000 words....damn!

Leave a comment:

• goarmy
    replied
    cant trust anyone, listen...

Dont know who this guy is but when it comes to body shop you need to be there and see the car before you finish pay. Dont know how popular this guy is or what... you cant trust anyone... shit got to go by the book always you cant just assume everything is going to be perfect!!! you have to be there have him walk you through it this is a great lesson for many of you thinking life is perfect. all the best with you and your car bro

Leave a comment:

• e30lov
    replied
    Such a shame... Best of luck with getting your car to tip top shape again Yan.
    Last edited by e30lov; 12-15-2011, 08:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Edev
    replied
    Wow. This is absolutely Terrible with a capital T. It's actually disgusting what happened.

Leave a comment:

• mcgillaguddy
    replied
    Originally posted by fsujbp View Post
    using someone's vehicle without permission, thereby subjecting them to liability should an incident occur, is inexcusable.
    this!

Leave a comment:

• CabrioPunk
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
    Can we all stop thinking Vlad is some sort of E30 angel? Thanks.
    yup

Leave a comment:

Working...
X