Bimmerfanatik (Scott)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
    Without a doubt one of the best posts I've ever seen on R3v. Well thought out, levelheaded, and well written.

Thanks for trying to help all these people, Dave.
    qft, respect.
    91 m3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN View Post
      He told me he issued a refund. Sorry, Adam.
      Hm, I hadn't heard that either.

Thanks for the help though, it was good of you to step up when you did.
      Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN View Post
        Ray,

You bring up a good point.

I tried to help Scott bail himself out of his mess a while back. I had done business with ihm in the past, and had gotten to know him and hated to see the mess he made. I also knew there were several people who were holding the short end of the stick.

I think he got most, if not all, of those people set right. Mind you, it was long overdue for most of them. I really didnt think Scott was a scammer, but instead I figured that he just dropped the ball.

When I was helping him with that, he let me know that he wanted to set things right with people and in fact wanted to try and sell some more stuff. I tried to help broker some of those deals, holding the money and NOT giving it to Scott until people had their parts.

Then he sort of disappeared again. I figured that was it. Then elguapo PM'd me. I was not involved in any way on his deal, but it was in fact the same song and dance I'd heard before. I told elguapo I'd try to contact Scott, but also that he ought to cover his ass and make a PayPal claim. I guess Scott talked him out of doing that. This was a few weeks back.

elguapo contacted me again more recently - and Scott had been ignoring him. I emailed Scott and the communication re-opened. (Why he answered me and not the guy he owed parts/money to, I dunno).

I dont know what his deal is - if he has depression issues, drug problems, gambling, whatever. But he cant seem to keep his commitments to people. I honestly dont think the guy is a scammer - there is something else going on here. That however, is not the problem of those who send him $$ and expect parts in return.

It pains me because I tried to help him out. It also pains me because he has(had) my old cabby and was going to restore it, so I gave him, literally gave him, quite a lot of valuable parts that were spares to me at the time. Of course, those were sold. The suspension parts are in fact what elguapo was trying to buy.

Yes, I tried to help him out of his mess the first go around, and if there are others out there, I'll do my best to help them get what they are owed. But no more.

I've made it known to the management what I think needs to happen here.
        You're good people Dave, it sucks when you lend someone a helping hand and it gets thrown back at you. Kudos to you for bringing some sanity to the table, I meant no disrespect.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
        RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

shutup ben
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd View Post
            shutup ben
            Eat a dick, Pasha.

Comment

Funny that everyone says Dave is a good man. He is a lawyer.:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Will
              RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
              Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
              DaveCN = Old Man
              My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
              If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Oooh oooh, where do I get to say "I told you so!"
                I applaud Dave for making an effort, but in the end Scott is just a total rip-off artist.

I'm sure he wonders why I won't aknowledge him when/if I see him at BMW events... I live close and I got screwed out of parts/$$. I had to drive down to his hell-hole "garage" to get my shit, which wasn't even all there.

Oh, and Scott is ~25 years old.

-C
                Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by PeaveyBassist View Post
                  Funny that everyone says Dave is a good man. He is a lawyer.:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Will
                  I take back everything I said about Dave. He is a bad, bad person.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                    Adam, perhaps get in contact with Dave or elguapo to attempt contact with Scott if you wish to pursue the matter.

Scott has been banned from the forum. He was one of the last people I'd ever anticipated having to ban, but with this whole mess happening all over again, it's just too much to warrant giving him a third chance. I hope that all of you who are still having problems with him get them resolved.
                    This whole thing gets my curiosity going. So at one time this guy was a good dude?

He still goes to BMW events?

What do you guys think happened that he went down this low? Sounds like a buddy of mine that went crack head.

Comment

Hrm.. he's banned now. Anybody know what happened?
                      Visit the 3 series heritage site (work in progress):
                      http://www.creativesmurf.com

Comment

Originally posted by bmwsmurf View Post
                        Hrm.. he's banned now. Anybody know what happened?
                        fucked too many people over
                        Originally posted by Gruelius
                        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Thats too bad.. he's just really slow at shipping things. oh well.
                          Visit the 3 series heritage site (work in progress):
                          http://www.creativesmurf.com

Comment

Originally posted by bmwsmurf View Post
                            he's just really slow at shipping things.
                            probably shouldn't be selling then.

seemed like a good guy, nonetheless
                            Originally posted by Gruelius
                            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Yah... I think Im done $40 or something. Dont remember, dont really care anymore.

Comment

I was talking to this guy through email/phone for about 3 weeks. I found his ad on the for sale forum in bimmerforums under tag "M3WHATELSE." Had a deal going on an s52 with tranny, everything was going smoothly and he seemed completely legit. He even said he wanted to keep his alternator and waterpump and dropped the price for me. I get all the pics from him with the motor in the car then taken out. Then he sends me all the guarantees i need. I tell him to please not to fuck me over (several times) and that i'm a broke college student trying to finish my project car so I can have a car for school. He assures me no worries, I wouldn't ever try to do that (several times). I forward him the money through paypal and disappears the moment he accepted the payment. Won't pick up or return my calls/emails and won't respond to paypal.

Anyways so I was dealing with a Scott from Florida. I sent his friend Adam Dechamplain a deposit/shipping for the engine. he was dropping the engine off at adams house, because he claimed to have lived 140 miles away and to be very busy with his 9 months pregnant wife. So his friend was going to take care of freight Four days later I send Scott the rest of the money and he just disappears. I really need some help. I'm not sure if this is the same Scott, but it sure sounds like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X