SpeedRacer85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpeedRacer85

I bought a used "iS" lip off this guy for $85 shipped, but ended up paying $135 in the end because he screwed up the shipping.

How this happened:
    I asked him specifically to ship to a receiving company in Point Roberts, Washington so that I could declare the value myself through customs (I live in Vancouver, Canada...). So 3 weeks later, the UPS guy shows up to my door with close to $50 in brokerage fees and taxes that border customs would have ignored. I have picture evidence that I can post later if I manage to incite a response from this guy.

Communication:
    Terrible. Initially, single word replies to my questions, and now altogether avoiding my PM's and not taking responsibility.

Packaging:
    I received the lip warped and mangled because of no packaging, along with the 3 nice UPS stickers leaving awesome residue all over it.

The item:
    I guess it was as described.... before he shipped it to me...

This guy was not pleasant at all to deal with.

Hey buddy if you read this, why don't you man up and reply to some PM's, I was going to meet you halfway on the costs out of good will. I know $50 is not a lot in the long run, but its more about personal value to me. In the end I spent money on a used lip for the same cost as a brand new one from Tischer INCLUDING clips.

I guess not everyone is a team player.

His profile: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/member.php?u=34950
    1981 320is, Alpine White, 5 speed (Sold)
    1992 318is, Brillantrot, 5 speed (Sold)
    1996 328i, Montreal Blau, 5 speed (Sold)
    1991 325i Coupe, Alpine White II, 5 speed (Current)

Bought a set of springs from SpeedRacer85. Showed up just as described. Well packed. I'd buy again.

Comment

Working...
    X