Son_of_Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son_of_Man

I sold this guy my old M20 engine from my car. I needed it gone so I sold it on the low with full exhaust, ecu, engine wiring, radiator and all. And at some point I mention that the car didn't have power steering so I had a block off plate I was using. He said he wanted it, so I said sure, no problem.

The odometer has around 175k on it. but has been broken since I've had the car (about two years).

On the day he was coming to pick up the engine I remembered that I had put the S50 injectors in the M20 and that I needed them for my swap.

I told him to hold off an hour before he comes over. He shows up on time anyways and says that he didn't get my message, that's fine too.

After it's all said and done he tries to flip the engine on here, which is fine as well. Except that he has it listed at 175k miles. And I explicitly told him it had way more miles than that.

Anyways, I shoot him a text and ask him if he could send me my S50 injectors back and I'll send him the OEM ones...No response...

I wait a couple of weeks and ask again...no response...

Therefore in the end I had to buy another set of injectors for my swap because this guy thought he could make more money off the engine with them in there.

A real class act.

Cliffs:

Would never do business with him again.

Well he did flip some of that stuff to me... I ended up with the motor I think.

Son_of_Man and I had a deal for a "325i" engine complete, with harness and ECU. He did mention that it had S50 injectors even. I made a deal with him which included delivering the engine, with harness and ECU. He drove two plus hours to deliver it, but "forgot" to put the harness and other parts in the car. He rushed out of my yard, quick like, saying he was so sorry to forget the rest of the parts, but he would put them in the mail first thing in the A.M.. They never arrived.

I really did not need an engine, good thing... it turns out to be eta motor with i manifold. So I had to spend another $350 for a harness and ECU to complete my project before the next race. Totally burned me on our deal also.

Nice guy... Son_of_Man :firehop:
    sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

Wow, that's pretty shady. But that engine was out of my '90 325IS.

Comment

He told me the motor was pulled from a '90 325i of his. I bought the exhaust also, told him I did not want the radiator. He said the only thing that the motor did not have was the power steering. Coincidence?
        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a dick of a guys but PO you should have known that as soon as that motor went with the buyer with those injectors in it, your chances of getting them back were low.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
            Sounds like a dick of a guys but PO you should have known that as soon as that motor went with the buyer with those injectors in it, your chances of getting them back were low.
            Yea, I know. Just the whole, "having faith in humanity" thing biting me in the butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Horneck View Post
              He told me the motor was pulled from a '90 325i of his. I bought the exhaust also, told him I did not want the radiator. He said the only thing that the motor did not have was the power steering. Coincidence?
              Yea, you definitely got the old engine from my car. I powdercoated the valve cover and intake manifold.

Comment

Originally posted by brianao34 View Post
                Yea, you definitely got the old engine from my car. I powdercoated the valve cover and intake manifold.
                Nice powder coated pieces they are too. Cleaned up nicely with some 409.

Last edited by Gary Horneck; 06-28-2012, 09:08 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X