Vorshlag Motorsports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vorshlag Motorsports

I just picked up a set of Vorshlag's wonderful camberplates. Due to a new guy in shipping, I was shipped the wrong part. Twice. Terry (Fair! on the forums) was a great help in sorting it all out with a minimum of fuss and rapid shipping. This kind of customer service is worth paying a little extra for, as well as a great set of camberplates that adjust easily, bolt right in, and seem to be very high quality.

Project M42 Turbo

awesome guys quick shipping and great product.
    sigpic
    24v swapped

Comment

Vorshlag accepts no responsibility for F-Up!

So last week I called Vorshlag to order some wheel studs which they never seem to have in stock. I called to verify stock and was told by Terry that they had them. He said it would be easier for them if I placed the order on line; so I did. I needed the studs for a customer's car for a weekend event and they assured that I would have them by Friday. Well, they weren't in stock, they never called me and told me this, I never got the studs, had to take my set off of my car and withdraw from the event losing my entry fee. Awesome! Their system did send me an order update, but it got lost amongst the dozens of e-mails I get every day and I just never read it. But I didn't think I had anything to worry about, so I'm not sure I would have bothered anyway.

They took my money for an item they did not have. So people make mistakes, and sh*t happens, right. I sent them an e-mail expressing very bluntly my frustration and warning them that I would take my business elsewhere if they did not handle this to my satisfaction..... well.... guess what.... They blamed it all on me. And there course of action was to send me 6 e-mails (and counting) trying to illustrate how it is all my fault and went as far as to state that I am (and I quote) "Fired as a vendor".

Classy stuff.
      Not sure if anyone will even bother to read this, but buyer beware. Apparently the website is always correct and speaking to a human on the phone is not worth a damn thing.

J.
      J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

Comment

Originally posted by JiXer View Post
        Their system did send me an order update, but it got lost amongst the dozens of e-mails I get every day and I just never read it.
        So you didn't read the notification of the back order, but it's their fault?

I'm guessing you were trying to order 75mm studs? I "ordered" those the week before last as well. I received an email about 15 minutes later that they were on backorder (They are on backorder from BW as well).

So I immediately called them, asked if they had the 90mm studs in stock because I needed them by Friday Aug 28th (I placed the order Wed the 26th about noon), they said they did. So I paid to have them 2nd day air'd from Houston to Tulsa, and received them on Thursday the 27th, a day early.

But my experience wasn't even necessary to post. They sent you a notification that you didn't read, not their fault. If they handled it how you say they did, then perhaps a bit more tact was in order......
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
          So you didn't read the notification of the back order, but it's their fault?

I'm guessing you were trying to order 75mm studs? I "ordered" those the week before last as well. I received an email about 15 minutes later that they were on backorder (They are on backorder from BW as well).

So I immediately called them, asked if they had the 90mm studs in stock because I needed them by Friday Aug 28th (I placed the order Wed the 26th about noon), they said they did. So I paid to have them 2nd day air'd from Houston to Tulsa, and received them on Thursday the 27th, a day early.

But my experience wasn't even necessary to post. They sent you a notification that you didn't read, not their fault. If they handled it how you say they did, then perhaps a bit more tact was in order......
          Yes, the 75mm studs. You may have missed the part where I called in to ask them if they had them and they said yes. I told them that I needed them for that weekend and that it was urgent. If it were my customer, I would have followed up on it and not relied on an automated e-mail notification. Especially with a shop that is a repeat customer and a registered dealer.

J.
          J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

Comment

Not taking part in this discussion, but if I want to make sure a part is in stock, I will take a few minutes to talk to a human, have him certify the part is in stock, and write-down his name (which is what you did). If shop takes my money, it means they accept the conditions we agreed on (parts in stock and immediate shipping).
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
              Not taking part in this discussion, but if I want to make sure a part is in stock, I will take a few minutes to talk to a human, have him certify the part is in stock, and write-down his name (which is what you did). If shop takes my money, it means they accept the conditions we agreed on (parts in stock and immediate shipping).
              haha.. seems like you did take part.. but i agree that if they verbally agreed to ship the said part by said date, then they should at least have called you back right away so you can decide on an alternative. It's not what I'd have expected from vorshlag.
              '12 F30 328i Sport Line
              '91 SpecE30 #523
              '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Seeing this more and more. Had it happen from another vendor for several crush washers which I waited weeks for due to a "backorder". I should have just ordered from the dealer and bent over.

Vendors are just starting to care less and less.
                89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Originally posted by bmwpower View Post
                  Seeing this more and more. Had it happen from another vendor for several crush washers which I waited weeks for due to a "backorder". I should have just ordered from the dealer and bent over.

Vendors are just starting to care less and less.
                  haha.. bent over? how much do crush washers cost?
                  '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                  '91 SpecE30 #523

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by kishg View Post
                    haha.. bent over? how much do crush washers cost?
                    lol...good point.
                    You'd be surprised. 4-5x times as much at my dealer.
                    But they have them in stock, unless it's an odd ball one.
                    89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                    E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

So last week I called Vorshlag to order some wheel studs which they never seem to have in stock. I called to verify stock and was told by Terry that they had them. He said it would be easier for them if I placed the order on line; so I did. I needed the studs for a customer's car for a weekend event and they assured that I would have them by Friday. Well, they weren't in stock, they never called me and told me this, I never got the studs, had to take my set off of my car and withdraw from the event losing my entry fee. Awesome! Their system did send me an order update, but it got lost amongst the dozens of e-mails I get every day and I just never read it. But I didn't think I had anything to worry about, so I'm not sure I would have bothered anyway.

They took my money for an item they did not have. So people make mistakes, and sh*t happens, right. I sent them an e-mail expressing very bluntly my frustration and warning them that I would take my business elsewhere if they did not handle this to my satisfaction..... well.... guess what.... They blamed it all on me. And there course of action was to send me 6 e-mails (and counting) trying to illustrate how it is all my fault and went as far as to state that I am (and I quote) "Fired as a vendor".

Classy stuff.
                      Not sure if anyone will even bother to read this, but buyer beware. Apparently the website is always correct and speaking to a human on the phone is not worth a damn thing.

J.
                      I definitely do not want to start anything on here, but I felt we needed to respond (Terry is at Nationals for SCCA and would be quite slow to respond).

On the 31st, you called and spoke with Stuart asking for pricing information for an order you wanted to place. Stuart mentioned our new dealer agreement so we got you started on sending that to us. He does not recall if he said they were in stock or not (I'm not sure why he would have said they were because they have been out of stock for a while, but it is quite possible). However, he does specifically recall not being told about an order deadline. You placed the order online and there were two separate notifications that this product was on backorder shown to you before the order was placed. I replied (not an automated notification) within three minutes after the order was placed via email explaining that the part was indeed on backorder and asking what he wanted to do about the order. I did not receive an email back until this morning, the 9th of September and understandably, it was an angry one.

Another point I would like to clear up is the issue that we did an illegal act by billing you for a product you ordered. Our online ordering system bills all orders immediately. This is why we have backorder notifications before an order is placed and we respond after an order is placed just in case the customer missed a notification.

Yes, the 75mm studs. You may have missed the part where I called in to ask them if they had them and they said yes. I told them that I needed them for that weekend and that it was urgent. If it were my customer, I would have followed up on it and not relied on an automated e-mail notification. Especially with a shop that is a repeat customer and a registered dealer.

J.
                      Again, can't confirm or deny the stock question because Stuart does not recall it. He does recall that there was no deadline mentioned. Also, if you had mentioned this deadline in your order notes section when you placed the order, I would have called after I emailed you the notification of the backorder. We pride ourselves with our customer service, but when we receive statements like this: "You had better come up with a very generous reconciliation for this issue or this will be the last time I do business with you.", we don't appreciate it. Then after receiving emails explaining our notification process and getting angry with us, you state: "And you can count on plenty of others hearing about this."

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this whole ordeal has caused you.

Comment

OP, shoot yourself. vorshlag rules

Comment

So OP is mad that he only got an email notification minutes after the order was placed? Fail x10
                          -Alex

Comment

how about not selling items you don't have? remove listings for time being or state clearly that that part may be on back-order right in the part listing.

Not bashing Vorshlag, but that does seem like a shady practice. I've ran into this with IE, but Jeff called me immediately.

Comment

sounds like the OP has some splaining to do..
                              '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                              '91 SpecE30 #523

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Working...
                              X