Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
    Hmmmmmm could it be that it was delivered to the wrong address, discovered and returned to the shipper? In which case, the seller should wait until he has the diff back before refunding any money. Both parties are pointing the figure but perhaps it was FedEx's mistake.
    This is what I was initially hoping for. I was set on doing exactly that and refunding him once I got it but what had intimidated me was the rush to escalate the PayPal dispute the same day it was opened without allowing me any time to sort the issue out at all. Most sellers & buyers know PayPal sides with the buyer most of the time. Ben sounds like he is being genuinely honest about not receiving it, and let me know his elderly mother may have mistakenly rejected it or a neighbor may have received it by FedEx's mistake. I hope this gets resolved quickly and as fairly as possible.
    Transaction Feedback
    Various E30 Parts for Sale!
    Z3 Steering Racks for Sale!

Current Fleet:
    -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS
    -1989 Bronzit Beige 325iS

Comment

Not attacking Scott at all, just updating this thread: no updates and no diff has been delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie View Post
        Not attacking Scott at all, just updating this thread: no updates and no diff has been delivered.
        They told me they have found it, and the tracer is having it rerouted to you. For some reason, they stated you had called and had them re-route it to me (?). Not sure if that's accurate but I will call FedEx and notify you regarding the most current whereabouts and status of it as soon as I get word.
        Transaction Feedback

Current Fleet:
        -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by ScottSneed View Post

They told me they have found it, and the tracer is having it rerouted to you. For some reason, they stated you had called and had them re-route it to me (?). Not sure if that's accurate but I will call FedEx and notify you regarding the most current whereabouts and status of it as soon as I get word.
          I have not called them once. I've had three online chats which I'm happy to forward those in an email. Just an FYI, I'm relying 100% on your to make this right, which I'm sure you will, Scott!

Comment

Just an update: Scott states fedex has claimed it's lost and is waiting for them to send him something via mail to confirm his claim. I sent $567 to Scott on 7/17 and have nothing to show for it; not a diff or a refund. I'm sure Scott is going to make this right, I just want to keep the thread current.

Comment

Sounds to me like this is FedEx's screw-up. I think both parties here felt like they were being scammed as soon as something went wrong, and were both trying to protect/defend themselves (rightfully so). I would recommend both buyer and seller continue to act in good-faith to get this resolved with FedEx, who it seems was the last party to have the package.
              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Just an update: Scott states fedex has claimed it's lost and is waiting for them to send him something via mail to confirm his claim. I sent $567 to Scott on 7/17 and have nothing to show for it; not a diff or a refund. I'm sure Scott is going to make this right, I just want to keep the thread current.
                Yes, currently waiting for them to finish the claim. They've told me they'll notify me via email once claim is complete and a check to my home as well. If I refund you before receiving the differential or claim conclusion, I will be leaving myself vulnerable for you to ghost me and leave me without my diff and cash as well. I've been nothing but responsive to you and you have my phone number as well. Please let FedEx complete their investigation, it is in their hands at the moment.
                Transaction Feedback

Current Fleet:
                -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                  Sounds to me like this is FedEx's screw-up. I think both parties here felt like they were being scammed as soon as something went wrong, and were both trying to protect/defend themselves (rightfully so). I would recommend both buyer and seller continue to act in good-faith to get this resolved with FedEx, who it seems was the last party to have the package.
                  Yea, I don't understand how you can lose a 80lb package. According to FedEx, the day after delivery, the package was returned to a local FedEx and told to be re-sent to the sender. In conclusion, video footage will determine the truth and once they conclude it is indeed the wrong recipient, FedEx will have no choice but to pay for their mishap.
                  Transaction Feedback

Current Fleet:
                  -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS

Comment

UPS lost a diff that I had shipped it in a tough box container... All that managed to get delivered was the friggin case cover (i included it separately because i didn't want the ear to break off in transit). Shit happens but thats what shipping insurance is for!
                    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                      UPS lost a diff that I had shipped it in a tough box container... All that managed to get delivered was the friggin case cover (i included it separately because i didn't want the ear to break off in transit). Shit happens but thats what shipping insurance is for!
                      You're exactly right. I try my best not to claim insurance when not necessary since it affects their decisions in the future. Don't want to be labeled as a liability to FedEx as I ship a majority of my parts through them. I've shipped over 50 differentials and this is the first time something like this has happened. I'm sure it'll be resolved soon enough.
                      Transaction Feedback

Current Fleet:
                      -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS

Comment

Scott, I sent you a text tonight asking for the claim number you filed with Fedex. Please respond when possible. Thanks!

Comment

Scott, I sent you a text tonight asking for the claim number you filed with Fedex. Please respond when possible. Thanks!
                          PMd you the info and my new number!
                          Transaction Feedback

Current Fleet:
                          -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS

Comment

Update for sake of transparency: fedex told me today the claim was opened on 8/30 and that it typically takes 5-7 days to resolve. They will only share any more details with the shipper. Fedex should be done with this all by Tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                            X