Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84 325e m50nv swap thread

Hey guys,
    First real post on here! I'm jumping into another m50 swap. Thought I would document it here. First I live in the great republic of California so this is going to be a CARB legal swap... Hopefully. The last time I did this swap it was into a 90 'i' model. I notice there are a lot of little differences between the 2 models. Comments are very welcome, no hate though this will be an economy swap :). I'll load pictures when I get home. So far I've slotted the booster firewall holes. Letthebasskick is going to hook it up with a harness swap, the little square harness NLA. 92 M50 NV out of a 325i auto, picked up from a shop with 130k on it for $200. Water pump still moved smoothly but was completely caked with rust and such. Full tear down minus head. Cam lobes looked great. No rust in there so that's good. Got the 525i oil pan with baffle, pick up tube, and dip stick/tube. 328i tubular manifolds, just learned how to weld and grind. Not fun, hopefully the ref won't notice/care. Zf tranny 5 speed out of 328i with drive line, flywheel, and shifter $500 woohoo! Just got the 328i starter from Bavarian recycling for $30 tested and works. The only question I have currently is What do I need to do specifically for the automatic m50 harness to work on this swap?

How's the swap going? Pics? Details?

Comment

Working...
    X