Need advice ASAP- "possibly" saved 97 s52 from crusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice ASAP- "possibly" saved 97 s52 from crusher

I had my eye on a wrecked M3 for the past 2 years. I knew where it was, I told them I wanted it, but I had no place to store the car to take the parts off. I finally solved that problem and went to make an offer on the car. I literally was two hours late. In the past two hours they pulled the car out and decided to rip the motor and rack and pinion out and put them in a pile. The car is getting ready to be crushed, but they have put it off to the side for me.
    The motor is from a wrecked car and the salvage yard says it turns over by hand, but had no way to start it without the chipped keys. So, they ripped the motor out, likely damaging the intake. He promises the block is fine. He is pulling it out of the pile tomorrow for me and has offered to sell it for $125.
    What else do I need off of this car? I will not have a lot of time. Do I need any harnesses, computer, etc...... I wish I had time to research, but I simply don't. If I had come 2 hours earlier, he would have just set the whole car aside for me. Please give me some advice here. I want to drop this in my 87 325is. The motor is from an automatic with unknown mileage. I will post a picture of the motor now. Here is what the car looked like when I last saw it about 6 months ago. See in the link below.

Here it is today.
    Attached Files

Comment

just grab the motor. at $125, you can find the other things you need.
      cars beep boop

Comment

I can have them pull the car out of the pile. With some quick searching it looks like I will also want:
        1. The wiring harness
        2. ECU

Do I want the rear end?

Comment

yes.
          cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
          X