Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s50 clutch issue

Hi r3v,

My pedal box recently broke in my s50 swapped '87 325is, and I changed out the clutch master cylinder at that time. I didn't swap the slave, but I have one on hand. It took a long time being very careful to bleed the system, but finally the clutch got back to normal.

Fast forward, it's been about a month and suddenly my clutch pedal does not like to return all the way up. If I pull the pedal up, it stays there, but with use, keeps dropping lower. I don't seem to have any leaks, but now I have a bigger issue. My clutch slips at WOT in 5th at low rpms. I wouldn't think air in the system would cause that, and my fluid level is fine. Is the slave failing internally or something??

I would re-bleed and try again. If its not returning, that should be air in the line.

As far as the clutch slipping, it could be with the slave not disengaging fully.
    555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
    '95 BMW e34 525i
    '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
    '92 Range Rover Classic
    '90 Range Rover Classic
    '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
    '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
    '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
    '67 Pontiac LeMans
    '24 Model T Depot Hack
    ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

Sorry - meant to update earlier. The slave blew and shot fluid onto the clutch. I replaced the slave and the clutch and now all is back to normal. Very frustrating to have an easily replaced $25 part cause "major" work like the clutch. That's life I guess haha

Comment

Working...
      X