M50 no spark, no injector pulse, no ICV buzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 no spark, no injector pulse, no ICV buzz

Hello. I have read countless threads here about no start no spark issue but none of them applied to me.

About a week ago I replaced fuel lines, pump, fuel filter and O2 sensor. After this the car wouldn't start. I had no spark and no injector pulse. I guessed it was crank sensor's fault so I bought a brand new Valeo one, even tho I already had a brand new one installed. Didn't work. Then I thought the DME was bad, tried 2 new dmes from a working car and I still have the same problem. Crank sensor reads about 540-550 ohms at the dme plug. Traced the ground wire in the injector and coil harness and the resistor(or a diode?) was cracked and I connected it directly to ground, still no spark. Even the ICV is not humming/buzzing(This is false, I was checking it wrong). I've also tried jumping fuel pump and main relay but still nothing. Also there is 12v on coil plugs

Is there anything more I should check?
    Any help will be appreciated​

engine is M50B20TU with ms40.1 dme
    Last edited by GvritishviliG; 10-05-2023, 12:50 AM.

*UPDATE*
    I was wrong on ICV not making a noise. Today I held it in hand and let my friend turn on the ignition and the ICV started clicking and buzzing. I will borrow a CPS from a working car in couple of days and post an update if that fixes it.

Comment

make sure you connected the fuel lines correctly.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
        make sure you connected the fuel lines correctly.
        Fuel lines are fine, the front of the rail gets fuel from the pump and the back of the rail is a return. I've checked them.

I don't think it would be related to having no spark tho

Comment

Working...
        X