temp gauge

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rThor432
    replied
    It's pin #4 on the body side of my harness for my 9/86 eta.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jay325
    replied
    which pin# do I check in the c101?

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    The C101 is the round plug that connects the engine harness to the body harness. It's on the firewall by the fuse box. That's the one you have to either cut up or make an adapter for so that the 24v motor will work in the E30 chassis. Can also be a square plug on the really old ('83-85) cars.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jay325
    replied
    I just checked resistance on the temp sender and it was .40 and steadily dropped as it heated up so it's working. I checked the plug going to it and I have power so I assume as is well there except I didn't check the ground side of the plug. I read if you ground c101 the gauge should go to full hot, what is c101?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jay325
    replied
    I am using the single pole sensor. The sensor worked in the m20. The gauge worked before the swap. Is the gauge controlled by the si board? The plug I am attaching to the temp sender has brn/vio and brown/yell wires correct?

    Leave a comment:


  • sushipower
    replied
    Maniac is right. Just make sure you use the stock M20 temp sensor (one pin).

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by rThor432
    Make sure you are using the brown single pole sensor for the guage. If you ground the wire coming from the C101 the guage will peg in the red.
    Which is the single pin correct? Because the plug grounds through the body into the motor?

    Just trying to remember what I've read.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Make sure you are using the brown single pole sensor for the guage. If you ground the wire coming from the C101 the guage will peg in the red.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jay325
    started a topic temp gauge

    temp gauge

    I have no temp gauge after doing my swap. I used a treehouse adapter so I don't think it's a wiring issue.

    I am not sure if the temp sender for the gauge is supposed to be the two pin or one pin unit from the M20?

    I also was under the impression if I take the plug off the sender and run a jumper between the two terminals on the plug I should get full hot on the gauge (it's not moving) The car has sat for two years in storage with no battery, is the temp gauge part of the si battery issue that comes up when the batteries die,I searched but could not find a definative answer?

    I am afraid to drive the car with no temp gauge so at this point I have only driven it around the block. Please give my some diagnostic help so I can drive this thing ;)
Working...