Road trip in a 24V E30: Spare Parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road trip in a 24V E30: Spare Parts?

So I'm planning on driving down to North Carolina for Vintage @ the Vineyards next Friday, and then on to Nashville TN on Sunday, then back to CT on Monday.

Just a plain '91 318i 4dr. w/ an M50TU, new cooling system and gaskets. Here is what I plan on bringing with me in case I run into any problems.

E30 & E36 Bentley.
    Metric Wrenches and sockets
    Allen wrenches
    Electrical wiring supplies
    E36 Relays (Main, Fuel Pump, O2 heater)

Anything else anyone can add? I would bring a fuel pump, but I did it about a year ago and have only put about 11K miles on the car.

TIA,
    Ben
    Originally posted by BillBrasky
    E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
    1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
    1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
    1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
    2012 F350 6.7PSD

Maybe a cam sensor and crank sensor, just in case. But honestly, if you did any refreshing of the motor before installing it, you should be good with what you have listed.
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

maybe a coil?

install new plugs/filters before the trip, at least you will get a few mpg for the highway

oh, and see you in Dobson on the 23rd!
      1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Alright cool. Got the cam sensor & CPS, as well as a couple of coils. I'll change the plugs too.

Thanks guys.
        Originally posted by BillBrasky
        E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
        1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
        1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
        1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
        2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Bottle or two of oil and some premixed coolant or coolant and distilled water. Bottle of brake fluid.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I have driven mine since 02 on constant long road trips and about the only thing that has hung me up was water in the plug journals due to no cover, and a MAF that split. Other than that it was a tire blown or unrelated ie a split radiator hose as it was 6 years old.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
            X