EWS delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EWS delete

My E36 M3 is still intact, I wanted to get the car running before I strip it down. Ive been trying to trace down the EWS issue with no luck. Basically, I have to fiure out what the previous guy did, before I can track down the original issue. Which has proven to be hard. Theres wires spliced in the main harness, all the ignition related wires uder the steering wheel were torn down and tampered with. I cant get ahold of the guy to ask what he did, or if he even knew what he was doing., it seems almost impossible to trace down.

There's no fuel/no spark, the key battery is dead, and the motor wont turn. Fuel pump's good, coils are good. Im curious about the EWS delete, and exactly what it would do for me in this situation.

Any help would be appreciated.
    -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
    2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

What year is the car?

Comment

Its a 95.
      -Jay

Comment

Is this the wrong forum for tech stuff, or is this just not enough information?
        -Jay

Comment

What's the part number of the DME? Does it have a sliver label and end in 506 or 413. Or Red label 413.

Comment

Jay, assuming your car has EWS (not all 95 M3s do) you just need to bypass the EWS starter lockout (cut the two large wires running to the EWS module and connect them together) and replace your chip with a non-EWS chip like the ones at www.racersmarket.net and your car should run fine.

The only keys with batteries are the lighted ones BTW. EWS keys are powered by the antenna.

Comment

Ill try that. I noticed it has a AOA chip also. On the female side of the plug there appears to be a few ports burnt out. Its a silver label 413
              -Jay

Comment

Working...
              X