• Time
  • Show
Clear All

m50/52 turbo MS ignition map

Can someone send/post one please?
    Really appreciate it.
    Pete
    DD -1991 318is panda
    time travel vehicle - 1987 stupid light e30 2.9 m50/m52 all alum, rear H1E turbo

i just took 30 seconds out of my life to use a search function and found a bunch of links even one that had a ignition map for s50 running 14lbs.

so maybe you should try the search function....

Comment

I must be an idiot. I've been searching and searching and searching.
      I'll try again.
      DD -1991 318is panda
      time travel vehicle - 1987 stupid light e30 2.9 m50/m52 all alum, rear H1E turbo

Comment

OK another search using key words "ignition map" did not uncover what I am looking for. Can you O God of Searches just give me some links to the thread(s)?
        Further abuse/comments about my lack of brain cells is welcome as long as I can get some maps for some directional ;) guidance.
        Thanks
        Pete
        DD -1991 318is panda

Comment

be sure to verify your timing with a light before anything.

what are your specs, ie. turbo size, spark control,compression ratio and what it was lowered with, either pistons or thicker headgasket, and boost level.

Comment

Lowered with Wiseco pistons, 9 to 1 , running 15 psi with a Holset h1e (rear mounted)16cm housing. Wasted spark, OEM coils, MS2Extra. 2.9 liters m52 1998 Z3 alum block, 1992 m50 head, ZF 5-speed trans, 2.79 3 clutch lsd.
            Put the motor and trans in yesterday.
            Thanks
            Pete

Originally posted by mentaleeill View Post
            be sure to verify your timing with a light before anything.

what are your specs, ie. turbo size, spark control,compression ratio and what it was lowered with, either pistons or thicker headgasket, and boost level.
            DD -1991 318is panda

Comment

Youre not going to find a timing map that will fit thats. its not a very common setup. I can give you my base map but its a 2.5 liter setup. the 2.9 liters changes everything. You need a good shop to actually tune it.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
                Youre not going to find a timing map that will fit thats. its not a very common setup. I can give you my base map but its a 2.5 liter setup. the 2.9 liters changes everything. You need a good shop to actually tune it.
                if you still have that base map from jon k, send him that. i thought i did but its gone.

it will however be extremely safe so play with the ve table, you will need more fuel with the 2.9, and get to a dyno to find best advance. i would send you mine but im tuned for water/meth and 25psi.

Comment

I need it find mine... my tuning laptop is on the fritz and my main laptop crashed.

It's an ok starting point I suppose. but so would an M20 map

Comment

Hi,
                    I recently got MS2/Extra and all hard work is done, it's now connected and wait to get the basic settings and be tuned, but am facing few problems as a start with the timing light and tooth #1 angle, and am looking here guys for some help, i did search the internet for the info i want but they got the same result which i don't understand, well i never used a timing light, just borrowed one, this is the timing light i got my hands on

as the instructions says set the advance to 10 degrees and from the trigger wizard match it's readings with the timing light, well am confused here, the trigger wizard shows some kind of degree, while the timing light shows RPM !! how am going to match these!! i know there is somthing missing here, but i need guidance, so i toke old m50 base map settings, and worked on it, the settings were like this
                    tooth #1 angle = 85
                    trigger offset = 53
                    so i set it in my MS, and started the engine, it got runing form the first time, but with high RPM like 1500 or 2000, i know that i can lower it from idle valve and with good fuel tuning, but i noticed that the turbo spools fast and make wind sounds, and the turbo housing gets really hot fast, i know this is symptoms of a very retarded ignition, so am stuck here and don't know what to do else, kindly looking for help

my engine is m50 325 non vanos, am using H1C holset turbo, on stock engine with stock CR, am running just 5 PSI, with 3" exhaust

Comment

Working...
                    X