My S50 Finally Fired Up Today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My S50 Finally Fired Up Today!!

What a relief! After about 10 hours of trying to troubleshoot, I decided to pick up another red 413. First try, and she was purring like a damn lion with open headers.

It feels really good after so much frustration. I still need to hook up the driveshaft, cooling system, clutch slave, exhaust and some other odds and ends, but I've got a big boost in motivation.

I didn't even have a CEL! Just wanted to share my excitement!!

:crazy::D Almost there!
    S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
    What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Congrats. I know that feeling. Just a few weekends ago finished my m50 swap.
    sigpic

Comment

Congrats x 2. I am nearly finished with my swap too. Make sure you fill the coolant system up right and don't get an air pocket in it, or else it will give you trouble as mine is right now.
      Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Congratulations dude. :up: Now's when you start to reap the fruits of your labors! :)

Comment

Congrats dude
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Nice Work

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
              What a relief! After about 10 hours of trying to troubleshoot, I decided to pick up another red 413. First try, and she was purring like a damn lion with open headers.

It feels really good after so much frustration. I still need to hook up the driveshaft, cooling system, clutch slave, exhaust and some other odds and ends, but I've got a big boost in motivation.

I didn't even have a CEL! Just wanted to share my excitement!!

:crazy::D Almost there!
              Originally posted by JJe30 View Post
              Congrats. I know that feeling. Just a few weekends ago finished my m50 swap.
              glad to see that my adapters worked out for both of you guy's
              lets see some pics and vids already :hitler:!!!!
              looking for a e30m50 swap harness adapter pm me $150 shipped
              email nitroman12@gmail.com

Comment

Congrats! Welcome to the 24V club! :D
                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by richardb View Post
                  congrats x 2. I am nearly finished with my swap too. Make sure you fill the coolant system up right and don't get an air pocket in it, or else it will give you trouble as mine is right now.
                  +1
                  NASA
                  BMWCCA member
                  PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                  1997 M3 sedan
                  2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Hey Gregslow, whats a good source for the 12v switched for the oil level sender?

Lots more progress: driveshaft in, clutch is confirmed properly functional, power steering is all mounted/routed, afm is mounted.

I need to mount radiator and overflow tank and hook up the exhaust, then it'll be driveable!!
                    S50'd

Comment

sweet, driving it for the first time is amazing, scary for the first few minutes well you think about everything that could go wrong, but then it becomes really fun..... :D

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
                        Hey Gregslow, whats a good source for the 12v switched for the oil level sender?

Lots more progress: driveshaft in, clutch is confirmed properly functional, power steering is all mounted/routed, afm is mounted.

I need to mount radiator and overflow tank and hook up the exhaust, then it'll be driveable!!
                        I usually tie it into the main power dme relay on the harness....
                        because if your abs does not work neater will the motor...
                        looking for a e30m50 swap harness adapter pm me $150 shipped
                        email nitroman12@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by gregslow318i View Post
                          I usually tie it into the main power dme relay on the harness....
                          because if your abs does not work neater will the motor...
                          do you have a pic to illustrate which wire that is? or a more detailed description? sorry to be lazy.
                          also, I don't really follow what you mean with the abs - motor scenario.
                          S50'd

Comment

:up: congrats i hope to get my swap in a month or two.
                            [PAKSIW]
                            20D .........
                            vmwerks :up:
                            ryan gmw :up:

Comment

Working...
                            X