Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.8L M52 Swap - Complete engine and then what else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yah for how much?

*edit*

I am sure that is possible but that means more O2 sensors correct? Or run O2 sims which aren't exactly cheap. Air pumps and all that jazz.

Comment

^OBD-II can delete O2 sensors (popular to delete the two post cat sensors), air pump, etc.

You could basically just get the OBD-I manifold on and leave everything else OBD-II (then either a throttle adapter for the OBD-II or get an M50TB), then have it tuned.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Talk to me on google sometime. We can work something out.

You dont need any simulators or any of that garbage. That's for people who don't know how ECUs work.

Comment

I am going OBD1 so it doesn't really matter. I will need a chip for the car though... you know since I gave you those tires and all kekeke

And you are 'red/away' on gtalk 25 hours a day.

Comment

Motor is en route!

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
              My brand new Z4 2.5i rod would have to be bent? FML.
              No, that's the shift lever. If you stick with the G260, you need to "twist" the selector rod (rod that connects the bottom of the shift lever to the selector coupler on the transmission) to account for the extra clock angle.

Comment

I am thinking of going with a ZF Trans at this point.

Comment

hey man, im also having a swap done. i went obd1 and zf tranny. result will be worth it. also planned is s52 cams. :) and maybe a 75dry shot. who knows. but good luck with the swap. i wanna see it when you finish. and those e46 seats are still available. haha

Comment

Yah I know. I am thinking about a S/C with the M52...

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                      Why not leave it OBD2? The OBD2 shit is cheap compared to an OBD1 conversion.

I can delete EWS and tune it for you.
                      my thoughts exactly specially if you have access to these parts from the parts car. You can add the m50 (obd1/bigger) manifold and still keep it obd2. If you don't want to wire the ewsII (pm me if you do want it) then Matt (TRM-maybe) or bimmerworld (for sure) can delete the ewsII anti theft features, rear o2 sensor delete, air pump etc and even a tune.

good luck ; / picsss!!
                      No more e30s for me.
                      88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                      88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                      91 BMW 325i [sold]
                      86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

I also say leave it obd2.

Comment

Waiting for parts right now. Motor is coming. Trans shopping. Driveshaft is coming. Radiator is coming etc

Comment

Does anyone have a spreadsheet made up of all the things necessary for the swap? Seems like that would be a pretty handy resource. I am trying to figure out what to do right now as well, studying abroad right now and sold my car before I left, but the guy blew the engine and is selling it back to me for cheap. I am faced with the dilemma of swapping in another m42, or swapping a 6 in but I am having a hard time figuring out costs...

Comment

The one thread has all the necessary parts. I have gotten some pretty good deals on some items but I am easily over 1K already and approaching 2K. I chose to do somethings that are not necessary and putting brand new OBD1 sensors and using a ZF trans etc so it adds up.

Comment

if you need a spread sheet and price list i have one. has absolutely every part you could possibly need for the swap. and S/C an m52? nice! is your m3 supercharged?

Comment

Working...
                                X