no power to fuel pump
Collapse
X
-
i figured it out, the wire going into terminal 30 on the pump relay was pulled out. i couldnt see it at first because of were i mounted my relays.
thanks for all the help guys, im one step closer to being able to drive it now.
pin 13 gets source voltage from the engine harness not the body, thats what had me confused for a min.Leave a comment:
-
I've been looking for the same info others have run into the same issue but there was no updates to their post as to how they fixed it.
After I swapped a 91 I motor and harness into my 86 es it would crank but the pump would not turn on.
Currently I have a jumper to my fuel pump fuse so I can drive it.
Does pin 13 get a ground signal from the ecu or power?
Pin 13 12v the relay sees the ground signal. If you need a hand Im local I could lend you a hand.Leave a comment:
-
I've been looking for the same info others have run into the same issue but there was no updates to their post as to how they fixed it.
After I swapped a 91 I motor and harness into my 86 es it would crank but the pump would not turn on.
Currently I have a jumper to my fuel pump fuse so I can drive it.
Does pin 13 get a ground signal from the ecu or power?Leave a comment:
-
ok thanks greg, im going to try that right now and hopefully be able to report back with good news.Leave a comment:
-
pin 13 at the c101 (all e30,e34&e36) {big green wire} is the power feed to the pump its self. you can ground the fuel pump relay its self to see if the pump works (IE...check voltage at pump plug). bmw does not have a self priming programing, the dme does not turn on the fuel pump until it see's a signal that the crank is turningLeave a comment:
-
i cant crank it untill i get oil retun line but i had the dmm connected and in veiw as i turned the key on with no signs or power. and there are no shorts to ground in the body harnessLeave a comment:
-
does the pump run when you crank it over? when you power the dme, the pump will prime (about 2 secs) and then stay off until the car is turned over.Leave a comment:
-
no power to fuel pump
i couldnt find any info searching but maybe i just missed it, i was also on all-data (no-data) for hours looking thoughwireing diagrams with no luck so if you guys can help i thank you.
i have a 86 325es, swapped in is a turbod m50tu with getrag 250 out of a 525i but has a e36 325i harness. so i ditched the dual pump setup and am installing a single walbro intank pump. i hooked the ecu up and turned the key to on (not cranking since it doesnt have oil yet) and had my dmm and got no voltage at the pump, i checked both the intank and inline pump wires.
i first assumed it was my c101/x20 connector so i checked everything there. is pin 13 on the e30 connector a ground for a relay or to the ecu cause it doesnt put out any voltage? i tried pin 13 on the harness to pin 6(12.5v) on the connector also with no luck. no fuses are blown. i need this thing runnig asap. thanksTags: None

Leave a comment: