Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check engine light wont go off?? Code says its rich??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check engine light wont go off?? Code says its rich??

I have an S52 in a 325is. OBDI converted, 3.5 Mass air flow sensor, and turner chip for the E30 S52 swap. My check engine will not turn off and the code says the motor is running too rich and cannot leaned out any more???
    any thoughts??

im stumped, it has all new sensors???

what code is it exactly?

vacum leak or 02 sensor i would think

your chip is set up for the 3.5 maf?

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

im not sure exactly what I would have to get it pulled again, which I will do.

the 02 sensor is new and it idles and run perfectly so im not sure about the vacume leak, but it does seem to smoke from the tale pipe a bit much and the damn CE wont turn off.

the chip is for the 3.5 MAF, and light weight flywheel.

I might try to put the stock MAF and chip in it and see if that solves the problem.

Comment

If the O2 sensor was dead, you'd be running rich but the ECU wouldn't know it.

If your ECU says you're running rich, the O2 is not at fault. If your ECU tells you you're running rich, and there's excess (any, really) smoke out the exhaust, you're probably running rich. Don't be upset that the CEL won't turn off, appreciate that it's informing you of a problem and track the problem down.

Original chip is a good start, but if it doesn't run very well that doesn't necessarily mean your chip is good. It's possible you've got the wrong chip in there or something, although those types of errors are pretty rare.

Comment

Vacuum leak will not cause you to run rich. It would run lean due to un-metered air. Let us know what code is set.

Comment

Working...
          X