s52 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s52 swap

I'm in the process of finishing up my swap for a 89 325is, which is my track car. As I did research I had a hard time finding out exactly what was needed, since I'm not pro. I thought that i would go over a couple of success we've had through trial and error. I have a ton of pics and I'm going to try and post them up over the next couple of weeks. If anybody needs any specific pics, let me know. My mechanic is an anal SOB, he used to build TMS race cars for several years in the winter. He's documented a ton of details with some custom fabs from the 325ix booster to a creative bracket he made for the oil dip stick and what worked with the shifter carrier. Here's a quick list of info on the car.

5 lug swap from 89 M3
    j stock suspension from Turner.
    Half cage
    IE camber/toe kit
    E36 M3 brakes

motor was built for a full time race car. blew a headgasket. mechanic took it apart and found the head studs finger tight. wow was I lucky.

rebuilt head (ported and resurfaced)
    rebuilt top end
    obd1 conversion
    stage 3 race schrick cams
    turner stage 3 kit
    Vac headgasket MLS
    ARP headstud kit
    Euro Oil housing
    stewart wp
    80c thermostate
    Turner Pulley Kit

TMS Race Flywheel/Clutch
    BW Silicone Intake Boot
    akg motormounts
    custom software
    parker performance guages
    318ti radiator
    spal push fan 16'
    z4 mcoupe shifter
    3.73 LSD
    ZF tranny
    E30 M3 driveshaft
    raceland headers

I'm dying to get it on the road.
    Last edited by mscott; 02-06-2010, 08:30 PM.

How far you on your swap? You may find that the 3.73 is a liiittle short with the 1:1 ZF tranny. Unless you like turning over 4200rpm on the highway. :p

Comment

I was a little concerned with the 3.73. I've been instructed to try it on the track before I decided. I will not be doing a lot of highway driving so hopefully it will work.

Comment

It's about time Scott, ha. G has kept me updated and it is moving along very nicely. See you Wednesday (unless I dont).

Comment

Working...
        X