2.5" exhaust max power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5" exhaust max power

When picking my exhaust I searched around and found that most of the guys here are running a 2.5 single pipe back.
    That information lead me to pick the current exhaust im running now which is: SS rep headers > Single 2.5" > 2.5" Highflow cat > Vibrant muffler
    The power I'm putting out right now with my modded m50 the exhaust is fine and I love the sound of the virbrant muffler. So I was wondering since I plan to go higher power in the future what is the max hp I could put out with the single 2.5"

Well it is enough for an s52 so you got a ways to go before you run out of exhaust.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

I've never seen an e36 M3 run a 2.5" single. Custom singles seem to always be 3 inch.

I had great success with my dual 2.5" midsection.

Comment

Seems to me its what most guys are using on e30 swaps these days.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

I know, and that's what I don't understand - All the NA e36 M3 singles I've seen have been 3", so I'm not so sure you'd want to run that for an S52.

Comment

2.5 is fine to 300whp or more.

Comment

My s52 car has obd2 manis, front section of 93 m3 exhaust until it merges to 1 pipe, then 2.5 single to a cat, to 2.25 inlet remus and it pulls hard and sounds mean. The remus was meant to be temporary but if I can get it to fit a little better I think I'll keep it. I'll have to race a stock e36 m3 to see if my suspicions are correct but my car feels every bit as fast as my brother's old 98 m3. Mine's an OBD1 S52 running a stock S50 chip, so with slightly better exhaust and a proper tune I'm sure there are more ponies to be had but it's no slouch as it is.

Comment

Working...
              X