eBay/Chinese/Replica Header Picture and Review Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay/Chinese/Replica Header Picture and Review Thread

As a longtime E36 M3 owner and 328iC owner I was always interested in these headers. The Supersprint Replica long tube headers that are all over eBay. I am currently working on an E30 OBD1 M52 swap. After talking with many 24v E30 owners I would apparently be leaving power on the table if I did not do something about the manifolds since I was going OBD1 and a 93 octane TRM tune. So I ordered a set.

I chose one set that shipped from California. It was 108 shipped to my door. Took exactly 1 week. Packaging left a little to be desired. Nothing wrong with the box. The tape. Even put on extra straps. The pieces are in their own plastic bag and the hardware kit in a seperate one. The problem is they rattle around are are not restrained in the box. So it clangs around. I see no problem on mine but a potential for a problem.

The overall feel is very good in my opinion for 108 dollars shipped. The welds are not exceptional. The piping is not exceptional. The flange is not great. When you put it all together and realize the price paid you realize what you are getting. For an E30 swap this is very good stuff in my opinion.

If anyone is on the fence I would give them a try. If you have the time and tools you could file down/dremel the pipes at the flange and make it nice and smooth. I will let the detailed photos and macro shots do the talking. Questions? Comments? Want additional pictures? Fire away!

Hardware/Sleeves:

Single Long Tube:

Pair of manifolds/headers:

Weld Details/Macro:

Flange Details:

Some work on those flanges with some extra material and Andrews dremel ant those wouldn't be half bad. High temp paint, some header wrap and call it a week.

Comment

I wouldn't use those, but thanks for the awesome photography. Now if only everyone can have as nice of photos. :)
      Past Car : E30 S50 6 Speed 5 Lug 3.73
      Current : Z3 S50 OBD2 (Smog Legal) 6 Speed BBS RN Dual Ear Diff
      Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        Some work on those flanges with some extra material and Andrews dremel ant those wouldn't be half bad. High temp paint, some header wrap and call it a week.
        I plan to use the dremel to smooth out that transition.

Is everyone wrapping their headers? I was going to leave them open to the world to see :)

Comment

for 108 they look bangin
          !
          88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
          85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

I wouldn't dremel it , but add some material first, a bead around those six flange face to tube joints will cut down on the cracking everyone deals with, and cut out some of the rattle they are known for. then grind it smooth.

Comment

LOL at the lens propping up the header.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                LOL at the lens propping up the header.
                What I had close at hand. Prop my chinese replicas on my nice Canon macro lens. rofl

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                I wouldn't dremel it , but add some material first, a bead around those six flange face to tube joints will cut down on the cracking everyone deals with, and cut out some of the rattle they are known for. then grind it smooth.

Didn't even think of that. Good idea.

Comment

not too shabby.
                  I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                  2875-C Towerview Road
                  Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Meh, they're eBay headers. Very impressive photography though!

I wouldn't recommend wrapping these. They will crack from the inside, because you're insulating the heat.

I'm switching it up to Raceland headers for the super-charger set-up. I drove an s52 swap with my same mods, and Racelands, and they make more power everywhere! They also don't sound raspy like these.
                    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I wasn't planning on wrapping them. I also like rasp... I think that a lot of potential noise would be from the flange and how the inner pipe is just sort of 'hanging out' in the flange. I plan to weld/smooth that as suggested. We shall see.

Comment

Do these clear the E30 subframe and swaybar?

Comment

Originally posted by Gnarles View Post
                          Do these clear the E30 subframe and swaybar?
                          you have to shape the subframe to make room. I used a body forming hammer.

They will clear a stock sway bar.

However, you will need to use treehouse LCABs.

I would throw the supplied manifold gaskets in the trash and use OEM bmw ones.

Comment

I was planning on that as well.

I hear stock lollipops can be used.

Comment

Ya can't wrap stainless headers, ya fucking newbs!

Closing SOON!
                              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X