Calling all 24v swap gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all 24v swap gurus

:oops:anyone here have pics of where the m20 temp sender/sensor goes onto or do I have to drill the head any help would be greatly appreciated also where or what plug it connects to(color of wires on the plug)
    I looked all over search button and honestly had no luck
    sigpicBEST OF BOTH BOOSTED WORLDS

Under the intake on the head about 2" back from the first intake runner
    "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

s50 or s52? second plug from front of the head or 1 blank behind the first temp sensor in head. Drill and tap, the tap info and wire info is on here, I forgot exactly what it is.

Comment

I filed down and die'd the sensor to match the thread pitch of the throttle body heater output port. No modifications to the head required ie. no metal shavings in your motor.

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
          I filed down and die'd the sensor to match the thread pitch of the throttle body heater output port. No modifications to the head required ie. no metal shavings in your motor.
          Just use a dremel. Shave down the original threadings to the point where its smooth and no more threads exist. Once that's done tapper the bottom part so the die could actually start. And the rest will do itself.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

i just steped it down used a one up SAE die then the proper metric die.

Comment

thanx for the quick response fellows is there any of you guys that might have pics of the throttle body setup or the other set ups that you kind gentle men responded to

Comment

I don't have any pictures of my old setup, but it was very simple-- remove the output throttle body heating nipple that is installed beside the 4-pin DME/cluster sensor for the OBD-2 setup. Match the thread pitch on the sensor to the thread pitch of that nipple and install the sensor into that spot. Cap or weld the return pipe that is supposed to come from the throttle body and you are good to go.

Comment

cool thanx for your help guys

Comment

so theres no way you an put it in without having to make a new thread correct?

Comment

Originally posted by ethrty View Post
                      so theres no way you an put it in without having to make a new thread correct?
                      Nope, not if you want it installed in the cylinder head. It's like taking a 10x1.5 down to 8x1.25 (can't remember 100% for sure what it is).

There are kits that allow you to install the sensor in the circuit though. IIRC Zionsville, VAC, and a few others have a sensor port that can be put into a cooling hose. Just remove a 1.5"ish section from a hose and install their double male fitting sensor port where it is designed to be placed.

Comment

you can always "Tee" the sensor in the line that loops from the head to the TB, close to the head. you'll need to run a ground wire from the sensor body to the block. that's all.
                        No more e30s for me.
                        88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                        88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                        91 BMW 325i [sold]
                        86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Zionsville manifold.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Keep in mind early (read: 1996) s52's have the port already done. No need to drill, tap or re-tap anything. Just take out the plug that's there and screw in m20 brown top. Done.

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post

^^^ exactly what I did and it turned out great, no drilling or anything.

s52 0-150mph & more http://www.youtube.com/loonibab325i

Comment

Working...
                              X