Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

using tranny crossmember from automatic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using tranny crossmember from automatic?

Is this possible? of all things i am now having trouble sourcing a tranny crossmember from a manual transmission car.

I was curious if it was possible to modify the crossmember from my automatic transmission?

hoping someone with some insight or experience can chime in here.

btw car is a 1989 325i automatic, dropping in s52/zf320 transmission.

As far as I know it is a no-go. I have a manual tranny crossmember i'll sell you if you want. pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
      Is this possible? of all things i am now having trouble sourcing a tranny crossmember from a manual transmission car.
      Your not looking hard enough.

One of the 19 e30's you have available to you at your 3 local pull a parts in Atlanta should have one.

Pull-A-Part is a superior alternative to digging through a junk yard. Stop by to find used car parts or call us to get cash for your junk car today!
      -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by bejbis View Post
        Your not looking hard enough.

One of the 19 e30's you have available to you at your 3 local pull a parts in Atlanta should have one.

http://pullapart.com

im quite familiar with pull a part however the North location is picked clean nothing left.

the east and south locations are too far away fro me.

i am not driving 1-2 hours away just to get there and then find out they are picked clean too or worse all the cars are automatics.

id rather just buy one and have it shipped to me if possible.

Comment

there are many of us in atlanta that have parts like this availble.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
            id rather just buy one and have it shipped to me if possible.
            ok, ive got one. 45$ shipped.
            -Dan

Comment

the auto-tranny cross-member will not work for the swap... I know from experience... took me a while to find a manual tranny one in AZ. Remember though that you might have to make some modifications to it depending on which transmission you are using.
              (oo=[][]=oo)
              Web Design PNW

Comment

turns out the dealer carries this item for around 20 dollars so i picked one up.

thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                X