CEL fucked up idle and dies???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEL fucked up idle and dies???

So I pressure washed the underside of my car today, it ran fine, got home let it sit for about 3 hours. And BAM it started running like ass throwing Me a bright fuckin CEL, any idea's? I haven't tried pulling codes yet. I heard you can do the stomp test is this true in the e30?
    "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

since you are talking about the stomp test, i assume you don't have a peak scanner/reset tool. there is a way to reset your dme without it that may be all it takes to make your car run right.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Do you know how than? I'm kinda drawing a blank man

Comment

SOB i did the stomp test came back 1215 Air/Mass volume code guess its time for a new one...unless i spot some vacuum leaks at work tomorrow...and what do you know the MAF i bought when i got the m50 is now out of warranty FML

Comment

probly just knocked a vaccum hose loose somewhere.
          sigpic

Comment

Also. Could water have gotten in to a sensor or spark plugs somewhere? I washed my engine bay once and water got down in where the spark plugs are... some compressed air got it out and it was fine. It ran like I only had a few cylinders until then.
            (oo=[][]=oo)
            Web Design PNW

Comment

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
              probly just knocked a vaccum hose loose somewhere.
              possibly but its running very normal today and i havent done anything to it

Originally posted by r4esh View Post
              Also. Could water have gotten in to a sensor or spark plugs somewhere? I washed my engine bay once and water got down in where the spark plugs are... some compressed air got it out and it was fine. It ran like I only had a few cylinders until then.
              yea i dont think so its not the same missfire like when i did that previously it was all over and not consistent at all, but its back to normal now so prob just water in a connection...which i should look at now for corrosion

Comment

Mine is throwing a 1218 code. My vaccum also leaking somewhere. I was trying to figure it out with jrdeamicis ans we think it is a firing issue, vaccum or fuel issue. Sounds like vaccum though, and it sounds like the rpms drop when the accelerator is pushed. Any ideas for me?

Comment

Working...
                X