CEL fucked up idle and dies???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • graphikg
    replied
    Mine is throwing a 1218 code. My vaccum also leaking somewhere. I was trying to figure it out with jrdeamicis ans we think it is a firing issue, vaccum or fuel issue. Sounds like vaccum though, and it sounds like the rpms drop when the accelerator is pushed. Any ideas for me?

    Leave a comment:


  • 5KWattson
    replied
    Originally posted by xwill112x
    probly just knocked a vaccum hose loose somewhere.
    possibly but its running very normal today and i havent done anything to it

    Originally posted by r4esh
    Also. Could water have gotten in to a sensor or spark plugs somewhere? I washed my engine bay once and water got down in where the spark plugs are... some compressed air got it out and it was fine. It ran like I only had a few cylinders until then.
    yea i dont think so its not the same missfire like when i did that previously it was all over and not consistent at all, but its back to normal now so prob just water in a connection...which i should look at now for corrosion

    Leave a comment:


  • r4esh
    replied
    Also. Could water have gotten in to a sensor or spark plugs somewhere? I washed my engine bay once and water got down in where the spark plugs are... some compressed air got it out and it was fine. It ran like I only had a few cylinders until then.

    Leave a comment:


  • xwill112x
    replied
    probly just knocked a vaccum hose loose somewhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5KWattson
    replied
    SOB i did the stomp test came back 1215 Air/Mass volume code guess its time for a new one...unless i spot some vacuum leaks at work tomorrow...and what do you know the MAF i bought when i got the m50 is now out of warranty FML

    Leave a comment:


  • 5KWattson
    replied
    Do you know how than? I'm kinda drawing a blank man

    Leave a comment:


  • flyboyx
    replied
    since you are talking about the stomp test, i assume you don't have a peak scanner/reset tool. there is a way to reset your dme without it that may be all it takes to make your car run right.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5KWattson
    started a topic CEL fucked up idle and dies???

    CEL fucked up idle and dies???

    So I pressure washed the underside of my car today, it ran fine, got home let it sit for about 3 hours. And BAM it started running like ass throwing Me a bright fuckin CEL, any idea's? I haven't tried pulling codes yet. I heard you can do the stomp test is this true in the e30?
Working...