trying to tuck my engine harness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to tuck my engine harness...

So my project is in the wiring stage. Im trying to tuck the harness that runs along the drivers side to the headlights, fogs, horn etc through the drivers side fender. I have the fender removed and there is a nice tunnel that I can use to keep the tires dry and safe.

How many people have done this to clean up the engine bay?

I wonder if anyone can direct me to a more detailed wiring diagram of that area which may include, example: red wire with black strip = power to AC..ETC?

I will post pictures of the progress if anyone is interested. Thanks.
    1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
    1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
    1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

i did it.. i hid my spal wiring threw that tunnel.

if your looking at tucking all your wires.. good luck.. i use to tuck a bunch of my friends honda wires and it looks a really long time. you'd have to cut a wire, extend and reconnect the wire.

if u have any questions, hit me up.

[PAKSIW]
    20D .........
    vmwerks :up:
    ryan gmw :up:

Comment

Nice! That's exactly the plan. I have deleted the ABS, Air bags, AC, horns, overflow res, w/s sprayers, and side markers. I am currently trying to remove all of those wires from the fuse block which is surprisingly a fucking ton of wires. I

I will then run the remaining headlights, fogs, radiator sensor etc through that tunnel.

Comment

good stuff. keep us updated.
        [PAKSIW]
        20D .........

Comment

I've done it. I ran the entire front half of the chassis harness through the driver's side fender. Several wires will need extending. It's not an easy job but it's worth it IMO.

Comment

if I were to do that, I would pull the fender off the car and run ALL of the wires hidden.

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

yessir i have the fender off as it needed replacing.

@lifeiskaos

Can i ask if you pulled the fuse box cover and pushed the pin associated with that specific wire and then reinstalled later? Or did you simply cut the wire and extend it.

Any help is good.

Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
                I've done it. I ran the entire front half of the chassis harness through the driver's side fender. Several wires will need extending. It's not an easy job but it's worth it IMO.
                do u have any pictures of it?
                [PAKSIW]
                20D .........

Comment

Originally posted by mightywhitey View Post
                  yessir i have the fender off as it needed replacing.

@lifeiskaos

Can i ask if you pulled the fuse box cover and pushed the pin associated with that specific wire and then reinstalled later? Or did you simply cut the wire and extend it.

Any help is good.
                  I took the plug housings off of all the wires so I could run them through the fender. I didn't remove wires from the fusebox. Still need to extend a couple wires but the important part is done, and everything is through the fender, completely hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
                    I took the plug housings off of all the wires so I could run them through the fender. I didn't remove wires from the fusebox. Still need to extend a couple wires but the important part is done, and everything is through the fender, completely hidden.
                    do you have any pictures of how you did it or a final product?
                    [PAKSIW]
                    20D .........

Comment

Working...
                    X