Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

s52 in e30, Can someone please measure their oil dipstick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s52 in e30, Can someone please measure their oil dipstick?

I am pretty much complete with the swap, the oil pan and dipstick was done by previous owner. I have put 6.9 quarts of oil and not driven too many miles yet, but the dipstick BARELY shows any oil and i dont want to put too much in. yesterday i got some ticking noise, hope it's nothing serious!!! :(

I've searched for oil capacity and i've seen answer ranging from 5 to 8quarts.
    dipstick lenght from 533mm to 558mm(or something like that)

So can somebody please give me a measurement of their dipstick? and how much oil to put in?

I forgot "NO HOMO" ahahhahah

bumppp!

Comment

i put 7qts in my when it was street 8qts for the track and its up the dip stick a little

Comment

Remember you are using a 525i pan it holds a quart less so you should be using an E34 525i m50 dipstick.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Even with the E34 oil pan (oil level sender in) I was always very close to 7 quarts with the oil topped up to the top mark. For what it's worth. Should have been closer to 6.5 quarts, like M-technik-3 mentioned, but it always took more to fill to the top mark.

Comment

Your dipstick tube isn't all the way in, make sure it's all the way down into the pan.
            1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

oh i'll measure my dipstick alright. and then i'll put it all the way in.

Comment

LOL yeah it's all the way in alright!

Comment

So... Can someone measure the oil dipstick? I can't remember what dipstick I have in there, but I know the tube is from the e34 m50 oil pan.

Thanks!
                  I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                  2875-C Towerview Road
                  Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
                    So... Can someone measure the oil dipstick? I can't remember what dipstick I have in there, but I know the tube is from the e34 m50 oil pan.

Thanks!
                    yess can someone please? that was my main question for this post! lol

Comment

11431720875 is the M50 dip stick and 11431427993 is the us spec s50 dipstick
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I thought I was using the e34 5.25 dipstick, but it also depends on the tube.

With the dipstick that I had that I thought was the right one, I was running around 9qts.

I haven't done my oil change with the one I put in, but I noticed the one I'm using now is a little bit longer than the one I had before. I'll check part numbers tonight when I get to my parents out.

But it would still be nice if someone could measure the dipstick. And it would be even better if someone could measure the dipstick tube from where it mates to the oil pan.

I think I am using the right dipstick tube because it doesn't have the oil return tube on it.
                        I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                        2875-C Towerview Road
                        Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by E30_80Y View Post
                          LOL yeah it's all the way in alright!
                          so someone had to ask you if it was all the way in?

Comment

Originally posted by ethrty View Post
                            so someone had to ask you if it was all the way in?
                            damn good catch, i set myself up pretty good! LOLzzzz and no, not in the situations you are thinking about!

Comment

So there is a difference between the E36 and E34 dip sticks? how many quarts should go into the engine for street?
                              1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Working...
                              X