Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 cylinders in my E30?!?! MR E30's S52 E30 Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 cylinders in my E30?!?! MR E30's S52 E30 Project.

Damn, I have so many cool thread names for this thread, but I decided to go with something more simple.

After all my research, and all my savings, I have come across something incredible.

And it wasnt exactly easy to get there either. But unforeseen circumstances call for drastic measures. And I went drastic!

I present to you my 100k 4 door automatic driven by a women 1998 S52!!!! The compression test were beautiful. Cleanest S52 I have ever seen.

It fit too. Just barely though, after removing the door pull and pocket and the e-brake console.

Some smart ass had the cojones to tell me that the engine wouldnt work in the passenger seat.

The guys at the junkyard swore up and down that it wouldnt fit, but we wedged her in there. I figured the E30 would feel bogged down, or possibly scrape, but I honestly cant feel a difference. It still pulls just as well.

I have all the parts rounded up, and the E30 is starting to get pulled apart tonight. I can feel the power already!

Pics will be added, and the swap will be updated as often as I can.

Thanks go out to everyone who purchased my parts to make the swap possible!
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

great find.. good luck with the swap..
    --Hayden--
    '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
    '93 318is- 4cyl's of fury
    '92 Integra GS-R--yeah, its fast..
    www.G2IC.com

Comment

crazy mother fucker.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

lucky bastid
        CCW- when every second counts... The police are just minutes away!

Comment

My s50 came from an automatic, 4dr, lady-driven m3, but it looked like the oil had never been changed, and the ridges in the bore were so bad they barely came out with the 87mm bore.

On a funnier note, I carried it home in my 95 Nissan truck. The 2.4 had plenty of power for the weight, but the suspension was almost completely bottomed out in the rear. You wouldve thought I had an elephant back there. And I stupidly didn't have anything to tie it down with so I had to ride in the back and let my girlfriend drive. The truck has no bedliner and I knew the motor wouldnt stay in place. Of course she wasnt nearly as slow and smooth (understatement) on the throttle/clutch/brakes/turns as I wouldve been. The pallet was sliding all over the place and I couldnt really do much about it. On top of that it started pouring haha.

Good luck with your swap. 32 valves in your e30 wouldve been an interesting title too...

Comment

Wow, i wish i'd have know an engine would fit in the passenger seat area.... I could have hauled two at once! But seriously, good to know one can fit like that... Here's my last E30 haulin experience... little 4 cylinder pulled it just fine.

'88 325ic - Vert in winter baby!
            '91 318is - Gone :(
            '95 530i - Gone :(

Comment

you guys are crazy. borrow a truck or something!

Comment

I hauled my m30 in the trunk of my e30!
                84' 318i m30b35 swapped!

Comment

S52 from a junkyard?! We are lucky to see an m52 here once every few months....
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                    S52 from a junkyard?! We are lucky to see an m52 here once every few months....
                    u got that right jean.

good luck with the swap and welcome to the club.
                    Last edited by Yeee30; 04-16-2010, 07:01 PM. Reason: :up:
                    [PAKSIW]
                    20D .........
                    vmwerks :up:
                    ryan gmw :up:

Comment

Fuck you all, I win.

Comment

damn... that's impressive.
                        No more e30s for me.
                        88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                        88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                        91 BMW 325i [sold]
                        86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
                          you guys are crazy. borrow a truck or something!
                          Haha yeah. It would be less painful
                          Originally posted by audiquattrot
                          bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
                          1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
                          2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
                          1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
                          2006 CBR600RR

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
                            My s50 came from an automatic, 4dr, lady-driven m3, but it looked like the oil had never been changed, and the ridges in the bore were so bad they barely came out with the 87mm bore.

On a funnier note, I carried it home in my 95 Nissan truck. The 2.4 had plenty of power for the weight, but the suspension was almost completely bottomed out in the rear. You wouldve thought I had an elephant back there. And I stupidly didn't have anything to tie it down with so I had to ride in the back and let my girlfriend drive. The truck has no bedliner and I knew the motor wouldnt stay in place. Of course she wasnt nearly as slow and smooth (understatement) on the throttle/clutch/brakes/turns as I wouldve been. The pallet was sliding all over the place and I couldnt really do much about it. On top of that it started pouring haha.

Good luck with your swap. 32 valves in your e30 wouldve been an interesting title too...

Haha thats crazy! at least this sucker is stable and secure in the E30.

If I wanted to do the title like your suggestion, I would have had to call it the "48 valves in my E30" since the car is already powered by an M50. haha

My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Don't know if the roof rack would hold it, but that would be massive win.

Comment

Working...
                              X