Overheating S52 obd1 help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
    Are you sure all the air is bled out of the system? BMWs with the coolant tank on the side of the rad are a PITA to bleed. add fluid slowly with the bleeder screw off, keep doing this until you get fluid coming out of the bleeder screw, let it sit a few, add more fluid. Start the car and get it up to temp and bring the revs up until you start getting fluid and ONLY fluid coming out of the bleeder.

I normally have to do it a couple of times.... again they are a PITA to bleed.

The m42 rad is fine for a 24v swap.
    i bled it once, until the water was coming out just like you mentioned, maybe i need to do it more than once??

Comment

Check your radiator cap.

Comment

ok boys and gals! so thank you all for the help. so after going over the system many many times, AGAIN a stupid solution. I have bled the system once before, but i guess not well enough. I re-bled it again this morning and i think i have fix the overheating problem!! thank you all for the responses. I love this forum!

Comment

90% of all overheating problems here in the dohc forums tend to be badly bled systems.
          Even I thought I had it bled well, but when I went to do some maintenance, there were air pockets in the hoses.
          This time, I'm going to put the front of the car on ramps and probably repeat the bleeding procedure after the engine has cooled, just to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
            90% of all overheating problems here in the dohc forums tend to be badly bled systems.
            Even I thought I had it bled well, but when I went to do some maintenance, there were air pockets in the hoses.
            This time, I'm going to put the front of the car on ramps and probably repeat the bleeding procedure after the engine has cooled, just to be sure.
            well the first time i bled it i might have had it jacked up too high! so that might have created air bubble to get stuck in some areas, today when i bled it i just had it parked on a small incline. so careful on the height u raising the front end.

Comment

Working...
            X