s50 swap help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s50 swap help

I have an s50 but I'm missing some brackets and some hoses. Anyone have a pic of the engine's sides? Im looking at realoem.com but still a bit confused.

I check this on realoem and it tells me its from the s52 and it doesnt come on the s50.

This is the part that suppose to go instead of the one above, according to realoem.

Any help i would appreciate it.

They call it the "spider hose" if you search that you should find more about it. Basically the s50 one (rubber) and the s52(the hard metal one) do the same thing. So from what I gathered you are m/s50 ??? In which case you would use the rubber one because there is a fitting for the rubber hose to be clamped onto on the front end of the engine block. (see it?). HOWEVER some people prefer the metal line.. because... well... its metal, lasts longer, etc, etc. - If you go with that one, you'll have to chop the end of it a little and use a hose clamped on both ends to get it to connect to the block.

Make sense?

here is a rough pic i found... (not my car)
    (oo=[][]=oo)
    Web Design PNW

Comment

I got it. that pic help a lot thanks.

Comment

And don't forget:

Heater Core Coolant Hoses
        The "spider" hose connects to the top heater core pipe out of the firewall in the engine bay.
        The coolant hose from the back of the head connects to the bottom heater core pipe out of the firewall in the engine bay.
        This step is important, otherwise the heat will not function very well i.e. it gets cold anytime the car is at higher RPMs.

Comment

Thanks Fusion.

Comment

Ok, now I'm a bit comfused on how to connect the "spider hose" to the throttle body. I tried looking for some pics but no look.

Comment

Thats a S52 buddy, use the metal pipe, it fits fine. You will have to fad up some heater core hoses from the pipe to the bulkhead but it is easy.

Comment

What's an s52?

Comment

S50 http://myndasafn.bmwkraftur.is/d/8583-2/IMG_3290.jpg
                  S52 (newer generation M3) http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3843/motornb2jn3.jpg
                  Notice the difference in intake manifolds.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                    S50 http://myndasafn.bmwkraftur.is/d/8583-2/IMG_3290.jpg
                    S52 (newer generation M3) http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3843/motornb2jn3.jpg
                    Notice the difference in intake manifolds.
                    that s50 pic;d appears to be a euro model......
                    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

even the knock sensors are obd2

Comment

I checked the vin that's on the head and it said it's an s50 from a 95 m3?

Comment

I stand corrected. I'll shut up now.

Comment

Is there a way that the previous owner could of change the head to an s50? So far according to realoem some parts that are on the motor are only from the s52 and doesn't come on the s50?

Comment

Oh nvm I know what you meant fusion... Yeah that s50 your showing is an euro s50

Comment

Working...
                              X