1998 328is M52B28 swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1998 328is M52B28 swap questions

I just purchased a wrecked E36 328is and would like to put engine/5spd tranny in my 1990 E30... will drive shaft work from either one or will I need to get something else (E30 is an auto). Also, 3.73 gear ratio to high or ??? for regular/freeway driving. Thanks
    "i love vee tek, its a wonderful sound when you driving right by it"

If you bought anything from me, please leave a feedback here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ghlight=drulle

Yes, the driveshaft from the manual E36 328is will work.

A 3.73 is too high for freeway driving. You'll be around 4300 rpm at 80 mph.

No, you cannot put the E36 diff in an E30.

You'll have to find between a 2.93 from an E30, or a 3.25 or 3.46 from an E28.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

thank you very much... looks like I need to shop for a different LSD, at least driveshaft will work:p

If you bought anything from me, please leave a feedback here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ghlight=drulle

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
        Yes, the driveshaft from the manual E36 328is will work.

A 3.73 is too high for freeway driving. You'll be around 4300 rpm at 80 mph.

No, you cannot put the E36 diff in an E30.

You'll have to find between a 2.93 from an E30, or a 3.25 or 3.46 from an E28.

Well I mean you CAN drive on the highway with it :)

kekeke

Comment

I'm looking into the same setup into my 87. The drivetrain and oil pan swap seem simple enough, but more localized and verified info on the OBD1 conversion would be great.

Definately read up on this thread before you plan to tackle your swap.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

yes, I'm aware of obdII to obdI conversion... is it safe enough to use/reuse obdI parts and sensors from e34 donor car? (which I haven't driven or started that motor)

Also did anyone completed m52b28 obdI swap into e30 recently? would be nice to see a built thread

Comment

m52b28 swap in my 1985 325e

hey there guys i just baught an 1985 325e and there is not enough power for me so i found a 1996 328is as a donner car so i was wondering what would i have to change in my e30 to make the m52b28 fit in it thanks

Comment

Working...
              X