Replacing Starter Motor ergh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Starter Motor ergh

Have to replace my starter as its fucked. Does anyone have any tips for removing it? obviously the engine bay is a lot tighter than doing it on an M20.

Is M52, G240. M20 starter.

Wont be taking the intake off if i can help it, its all torqued to factory spec still and i dont want to have to find out all those specs.

im thinking unbolt tranny mounts and jack gearbox up to tilt engine and thats al i have for ideas?

Thanks in advance for tips :)

You can try it that way, but I'll bet that the intake will wind up coming off before the job is done.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Just pull the intake manifold. It will make it so much easier to get to the starter. All of the torque specs are in the bentley manual and they are all pretty small, like 15 N-m.

Comment

buy some intake manifold gaskets, and get ready to take that thing off man.
        1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
        1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
        1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
        1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
        1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
        I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

hmm not cool. if i have take it off i might as well get the obd1 on there at the same time, in which case am i using an M50 or M52 intake gasket?

Comment

I would only assume M50 since the reason you put it on there is for the larger intake runners.

Originally posted by Roysneon
            $5 shipped?
            Originally posted by MarkD
            You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Always look on the bright side of life :)

You could be a sucker for punishment like me and have a 1uz,

Check this for nasty ass starter position

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
              first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

Working...
              X