Come on in and laugh at my recent dyno.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on in and laugh at my recent dyno.

Somewhere, somehow, something has gone horribly wrong. The A/F looked nothing like this when it left Turner Motorsport after two days of being buttoned up and final dyno tuning, and a cursory inspection of the car for vacuum leaks and a properly functioning MAF have, so far, turned up nothing - however clearly further attention beyond that of a "cursory" inspection is required.

It's always something.

Pictures of my POS:

So be it, at least Joey had a good day, dropping 282 whp / 231 TQ on a mechanically stock S50B32 running Alpha-N tuning:

Good stuff Joe, back to the shop I go.
    Chris | Debut Thread | Night Shots | Snow Shots |Youtube |60-130 |IP S52 91 325is

Wow, what slow bricks! And I really like that dude's shirt.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
    No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

that m3 is sexy!! i'll trade my girlfriend for it. no wait, i can't afford to maintain.... either.

ooooh snap. and how are you making so much power on an s50??
      No more e30s for me.
      88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
      88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
      91 BMW 325i [sold]
      86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by Desaevious View Post
        Wow, what slow bricks! And I really like that dude's shirt.
        Just picked up a few myself!

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
        that m3 is sexy!! i'll trade my girlfriend for it. no wait, i can't afford to maintain.... either.

ooooh snap. and how are you making so much power on an s50??
        My engine is a detuned, built OBDI S52 from an IP-class BMW club racer. In race form it was built to compete with the S50B32, in my current configuration it's down substantially on power but still satisfying.
        Last edited by C-T; 05-21-2010, 07:54 AM.
        Chris | Debut Thread | Night Shots | Snow Shots |Youtube |60-130 |IP S52 91 325is

Comment

Sweet Chris, where are you going for the dyno time?, I want to get a baseline for my S52 before I throw the C-38 stg 1 on it.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
            Sweet Chris, where are you going for the dyno time?, I want to get a baseline for my S52 before I throw the C-38 stg 1 on it.

I couldn't believe it when I realized how close to my house it was, only a 10 minute drive door-to-door.

Comment

great, looks like a pretty bad-ass shop.

Comment

Haha ONLY 260 at the wheels, that is pretty damn good if you ask me.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Nice Pam!

Comment

I like both cars!
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I really like your car. But those black rims aren't doing it any favors in the looks department.
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Thanks guys. Still trying to chase down any under-hood problems before heading back to redyno. Joey's going to have his CF airbox soon, so another trip is already being planned.

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                        I really like your car. But those black rims aren't doing it any favors in the looks department.
                        Thanks, and thank God looks are subjective because then we'd all be driving the same thing. I like, and have always liked the D-Forces. Strong, light, cheap, and aesthetically acceptable are all I require in something that exists a few inches from the pavement - At least these days.

edit -

George, that is hands-down the most killer banner ad I have ever seen. I'm talking ne plus ultra, the bannero de tutti banneri.
                        Last edited by C-T; 05-24-2010, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X