AKG motor mount for S50B32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AKG motor mount for S50B32

I have used various motor mounts on my swap any never been 100% happy with any if them. First set was the green mounts. Didn't work with the DTM shifter. Next set was a set of white Vorshlag mounts. Had to angle one side to get the angle right. Next tried some Bimmerworld aluminum mounts. Angle not correct.

AKG says their mounts have thr correct angle for swap cars. Anybody know if the angle problem is the same for S50s as the S52 as I assume the AKG mounts are probably referring to the S52 swap.

TIA.

the angle is the same iirc

Comment

I am using them on my swap and they work great. I bought the #MM5030 Motor Mount Set - Polyurethane 70A (Factory Group N hardness). It was like $200.

Comment

i have some brand new in the box if you're interested. i changed projects midstream and dont need them anymore..

Comment

I'm using them as well, and they work fine. Only thing to look out for is if you are going to be adding the motor mount reinforcements to your subframe (which I highly recommend with these motors, as mine were all hogged out from just the S14) be sure and pay special attention to the placement/angle you weld them on at. I originally welded one of mine on at the wrong angle, and the mount did not sit quite right :( So, I ended up dropping the subframe back out, grinding the one reinforcement tab back off, and putting it back on correctly. Sheeeeesh....

EDIT: After re-reading your post, I recognized your s/n and remember your car from the bf.c euro section. So you're probably good on the mounts. Maybe it'll help someone else...
          1991 318iS
          1992 911
          2006 330i 6-Spd ZSP people hauler

Gone:
          1989 M3 S50B32, 6-Spd
          1990 325ix 5-Spd

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic49 View Post
            the angle is the same iirc
            you IIRC correctly. I made some solid mounts, angles are exactly the same.

STAY AWAY FROM IE POLY MOUNTS, they will melt. that's all i have to contribute to this thread.
            No more e30s for me.
            88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
            88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
            91 BMW 325i [sold]
            86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by rattlsnak View Post
              i have some brand new in the box if you're interested. i changed projects midstream and dont need them anymore..
              I am wanting the aluminum ones not the poly. Is that what you have? MM5030L?

Comment

I <3 my AKG swap mounts

Comment

AKG mounts are the way to go. I've gone through the IE yellow (melted) and the e28 green mounts (broke 3 sets).

Comment

I'm using them. The top and bottom surfaces are not parallel, but angled a little to account for the difference between the E30 and the E36 subframes. In my case they were very close to optimum, but still not 100% perfect at making up the angle differene between the motor mount arms and the subframe. They have worked fine so far and the engine stays put. My only "complaint" is that some of the studs are kind of short, so be careful if you use shims and make sure you have enough thread engagement on the nuts.

Originally posted by gobuffs View Post
                    I have used various motor mounts on my swap any never been 100% happy with any if them. First set was the green mounts. Didn't work with the DTM shifter. Next set was a set of white Vorshlag mounts. Had to angle one side to get the angle right. Next tried some Bimmerworld aluminum mounts. Angle not correct.

AKG says their mounts have thr correct angle for swap cars. Anybody know if the angle problem is the same for S50s as the S52 as I assume the AKG mounts are probably referring to the S52 swap.

TIA.

Comment

Didn't know you were using them Luis. I'll have to check your car out next time I see you.

Comment

mtr mounts

I had a conversation w/ a shop very well versed in the s5X swaps into e 30s......

I was told.."we use the diesel mounts..never had a problem.."...

time was a bit short so I never comented about it......BUT.... Ive never ever heard about this option.
                        Last edited by JRKOUPE; 05-28-2010, 05:07 AM.
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by gobuffs View Post
                          I am wanting the aluminum ones not the poly. Is that what you have? MM5030L?
                          I have the polys MM5030.

Comment

Working...
                          X