harness for m50 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harness for m50 swap

I have my engine harness layed out on the bench and it seems quite hard to figure out which connecter will go where.Is there a quick way to figure out where they go ?
    is there a difference between a vanos harness and a non vanos harness?

You must pull the rubber protective boots on the connectors. This exposes the wires, and you can then use the wire colors to identify what connector does what.

There is a difference between VANOS and non VANOS harnesses.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

harness

My harness has the yellow paint markings that the auto wrecker part mark with....it has 93 325marked on it but you can see 92 written underneath .My engine has another harness on it but it was cut of at the easiest points by someone else.Hopfully I can use part of that harness.

What should I be looking for as far as the diference between vanos and non vanos.
      Last edited by R&D man; 06-30-2010, 08:47 AM.

Comment

FWIW, most of the connectors fall very close to what they plug into once installed onto the engine, at least in my case they did. Don't get me wrong though, make sure you take the time to label everything according to the schematics so you don't fuck something up.
        -Justin

sigpic

Current: BMWless for now... '15 Grand Cherokee & '03 Mach 1

Comment

OP - don't use the cut-off harness, it should actually help you with figuring out what goes where since it sounds like it's still on the engine...
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
          X