Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has used a radiator with a builtin reservoir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has used a radiator with a builtin reservoir?

How many of you have used a radiator with a built in coolant reservoir and have retained your A/C with your M/S5x conversion? How well does that work for you? My car is an 85 so its not like the later E30 coolant system stuff is already there. Does the fan that connects to the waterpump still fit in there?
    Eric
    85 325e M50 and auto to manual transmission conversion...

I have a reservoir radiator, I am not going to install a fan on the engine as last time my fan touched the radiator under hard driving and drifting,

I have installed a custom piping for the cooling system wich goes from the engine to the reservoir tank and firewall
    Gunni
    @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

My engine driven fan would not fit either, so I went electric.
      '91 318is
      sigpic

Comment

Either of you guys still use your A/C? Do these radiators have the same cooling capacity (same ability to cool, Im sure they're rated on what kind of load they can handle) as the later E30 or E36 radiators. Do they work alright for you in the summer? Our summers here in Dallas can get hot.
        Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 86325e
          Either of you guys still use your A/C? Do these radiators have the same cooling capacity (same ability to cool, Im sure they're rated on what kind of load they can handle) as the later E30 or E36 radiators. Do they work alright for you in the summer? Our summers here in Dallas can get hot.
          I live in Iceland, so I think that asnwers your question
          Gunni
          @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

i kept ac, i had the built in tank rad from the 318is
            it has less ability to cool, and will bite at ~90-95 degrees outside
            i shaved my fan clutch to fit
            the car has since been converted to the late 325i style and moved to arizona
            (sorry about the shitty grammar, etc i'm on the phone)

Comment

Originally posted by Bryson
              i kept ac, i had the built in tank rad from the 318is
              it has less ability to cool, and will bite at ~90-95 degrees outside
              i shaved my fan clutch to fit
              the car has since been converted to the late 325i style and moved to arizona
              (sorry about the shitty grammar, etc i'm on the phone)
              Thanks Bryson. The late 325i is the way to go. Any difference between the Behr or Nissens radiators?
              Eric

Comment

Working...
              X