surging idle update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surging idle update

I removed my valve cover last night to replacethe gasket and found that the silver paint was peeling and cracking where the gasket mates against it when I removed the gasket 70% of the paint was stuck to it ....I ended up scaping the rest of the paint off on the mating surfaces and siliconed the new gasket in place.also found a leak on the icv hose where it meets the intake boot(using a propane torch).I did not run the car last night in order for the silicone to dry.Hopefully I wont have anymore leaks.

Good on ya. But why make a new thread everytime?

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

new

I guess Im still trying to figure out this thread stuff.

Comment

still having idle issues

Well after installing the new valve cover gasket and waiting for the silicone to dry I test drove the car and the idle still surges now a little around the 500rpm range but once it warms up it Idles high at about 1000rpm it surged a few time at that rpm and then settled down to 1000rpm.....I am not sure what to check for or change.
        I will change the coolant temp snsor tonight and see what that does .

Comment

Mine idles at about 1000rpm, but my throttle body was sticking and wasnt closed all the way, after i manually closed it all the way by hand, it idled at about 500. Just something to check i guess.

Comment

stop

I checked it ..it sits hard against the stop screw.

Comment

Working...
            X