motor mounts-reservoir-dme mount ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor mounts-reservoir-dme mount ?'s

I'm swapping a 94 M50 into my 87 eta so I read the comprehensive DOHC swap thread, I still have a few questions(please forgive if they've been answered :oops: ).
    Anyone know if urethane mounts for 535/M5's are available?
    Do any BMW's come with remote resevoirs(to use with iX booster/master cylinder)?
    Is it necessary to use the 318 DME mount? Does the DME stay in the engine compartment or do I somehow feed the engine harness through the firewall(pics?).

The V8 e34 5er uses a remote brake fluid resivior.

Aaron
    2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by aaron_silva

Aaron
      You can convert any MC to run a remote reseviour.

Comment

Re: motor mounts-reservoir-dme mount ?'s

Originally posted by motors4me
        Is it necessary to use the 318 DME mount? Does the DME stay in the engine compartment or do I somehow feed the engine harness through the firewall(pics?).
        You can feed it through the firewall into the glovebox pretty easily if you have the e36 harness. I've heard that the e34 harness is shorter and doesn't fit as well. As for the mount, I was able to get three bolts through using the existing bracket, but I'd be interested to know if there was a cleaner solution.
        '91 318is
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brew
          You can feed it through the firewall into the glovebox pretty easily if you have the e36 harness. I've heard that the e34 harness is shorter and doesn't fit as well. As for the mount, I was able to get three bolts through using the existing bracket, but I'd be interested to know if there was a cleaner solution.
          I used the mount from an e30 m42 ecu and it fits perfectly since both ecu's are the same size.

The cheapest local v8 reservoir I could find is $80 so forget that. I'm planning on using the 2002 reservoir fittings (hopefully they fit a Girling MC since 2002 = ATE) and either the stock or an Eclipse / Talon fluid reservoir.

Comment

Originally posted by trent
            Originally posted by aaron_silva

Aaron
            You can convert any MC to run a remote reseviour.
            Very true - I have a relatively hard time locating the Girling MC nipple pieces to run the length of hose off of. The only cars I know that have these are the e32/e34 v8's and the Jag XJS V12's

If you have any leads on these pieces let me know.

Comment

Thanks for the info so far, just waiting for my engine to arrive so I can get started :twisted:

Anyone know if urethane mounts for 535/M5's are available?

Comment

Working...
              X