alright car will die and not start for awhille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright car will die and not start for awhille

well for awhile ive been having this problem after alittle of driving my car will just die no sputtering or anything. and then wont start for alittle while.

so far ive replaced the crank position sensor, cam position sensor, injectors, traced the grounds on the injector harness and engine mount to the frame and coil ground. I need some advice on what this could be. Not giving and cel or warnings.

Sounds like either your fuel pump relay, or starter.

i say start with the fuel pump and ecu relays, they're relatively cheap at the dealer. and cheaper than a starter that's for damn sure

Comment

Most likely a main relay, those are the exact symptoms.

What does your tach do when this happens?

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

sorry forgot to mention Ive already replaced the fuel pump and relays. I replaced one ecu relay unless theres a different one. And for the tach it just falls dead and does nothing.

Comment

Have you replaced the main relay, like stereoinstaller mentioned?

Comment

The main is the only relay that works, even though others fit.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Main relay = DME relay = ecu relay.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

ok well How do you check if the relays are getting power I just put a ohm meter with the black on the shocktower and the red i moved to each terminal. And well None are giving any volts, which then I checked the fuel pump maybe to see if Im retarded when checking for power on the relay sockets. Fuel pump has no power. And unhooked my adapter and only pin 21 has power?? I bought the adapter through akg.

Comment

Wait: NONE of the pins on the main relay have power?

Check your ground, and buy a testlight. DMMs are great for lots of stuff, but they suck for this stuff.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Nope not a single pin is getting power. It seems like the only thing getting power in the engine bay is the starter. I have a test light. Sorry dmm?

Comment

OK: DMM is "Digital MultiMeter"

So, reading the diagram shows the red wire on pin 30 of the main relay gets +12V from the battery junction block.

Make it so.

Closing SOON!

Comment

What is your swap? did you convert from OBDII to OBDI and keep the OBDII coolant temp sensor?

If this is not the case, continue to listen to stereoinstaller.
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

well finally figured out my problem turns out the power cable the smaller one that runs from the battery to a small post on the power block. Well where it connects to the battery had corroded i guess from all the years and was only hanging on by a few small strands. Replaced the wire and no problems. Thanks stereoinstaller it was the information about pin 30 that help me figure this out.

Comment

Working...
                          X