S50 swap please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S50 swap please help!!

well i am swaping in a 95' m3 drivetrain into my m20 e34 and have pretty much everything sorted out but i have this white four pin plug coming from my chassis that originaly went to the m20 ewh does any body have any idea what this is used for??? i think it is x10179

also there are two plugs coming from the 95' e34 ewh that are a 12 pin black plug and a goofey lookin white plug any ideas what these are for? are they not used?

this is the one that went to the m20 ewh
    Click image for larger version

Name:	060.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	7217808
    in this pic you can see the white plug draped over the dme and the black plug is below my hand these are coming from the new harness
    Click image for larger version

Name:	057 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	7217809

Second picture needs switched 12v.

The first I don't think is important, but I don't know for sure.

Comment

i thought that red wire goes to the battery to feed the main relay

Comment

Yeah you're right, it would go to the constant power pole on the firewall of the E30.

Comment

lol you had me thinking for a minute. do you know where or what those other black and white plugs coming from the harness go to in the second pic.???

Comment

In my mind I would use a M50 E34 harness for this swap.

You just need to go through wiring diagrams until you figure it out. Or look at other cars, or the old harness.
            Past Car : E30 S50 6 Speed 5 Lug 3.73
            Current : Z3 S50 OBD2 (Smog Legal) 6 Speed BBS RN Dual Ear Diff
            Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

got it all figured out. x79 the white four pin plug is for the integrated climate control. i wonder if the m50 harness will have provisions to retain this feature??? i guess this means i will be surfing the etms some more. thank you for the input.

Comment

Working...
              X