Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whos running a 24v w/ a g260 and a SSK?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whos running a 24v w/ a g260 and a SSK?...

I need to gather some info on combos that yall like...

I had my alu.carrier cut/ rotated and welded so the shifter is centered....but I dont love it. I run a z3 1.9 lever.....and I dont like short/ hi effort levers...I want precise and clean but not overly notchy and stiff.....and I love TALL levers.

Who kept the shifter a bit off center but still went w/ a SSK?......and your thoughts on the set up?...Im wondering about the off center set up........some say its no biggie?

tia

jrk
    I love sitting down and just driving!

I left my shifter off a bit and use a UUC. It's extremely notchy. I did not modify my carrier though, only the selector rod.
    -Brandon
    '86 325es S50
    '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
    '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
    '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
    S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
      I dont like short/ hi effort levers...I want precise and clean but not overly notchy and stiff.....and I love TALL levers.

tia

jrk
      I went 260 with a Z3 2.8 and it wasn't too notchy more so than the old worn out linkage. AlsoI did not alter the selector I just installed it as it was for a customers. He liked it so that's all that mattered.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by Beej '86 325es View Post
        I left my shifter off a bit and use a UUC. It's extremely notchy. I did not modify my carrier though, only the selector rod.
        pm sent
        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Ooh ooh me!

I'm using a z3 i6 lever too.

Love it.

Comment

Z4 3.0 it's very short and very notchy. I love it.

If you like a tall shifter somebody on here just put an x5 shifter in their swap it's taller than stock. Search for it it's probably on the first page of the 24v section still.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

I'm running a bimmerworld's 99 dollar SSK. I didn't mess with anything other than the selector rod. The shifter is off a bit, but i have no trouble going thru gears. In 5th gear is till have a 1/4 inch between the shifter rod and the chassis.

Oh and it's pretty notchy, and clicks loudly. I love it!!! can't wait til i drive with it.

Comment

Working...
              X