Seperating the circuit boards in a 405

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seperating the circuit boards in a 405

how the hell do i get to the chip?!? ive taken all the casing off, but the 2 circuit boards are sandwiched together, and i cant figure out how they come a part...

HELP

Full Build Thread Here

Release the clips at the back of the ECU first then there should be two small tabs on either side of the actual connector (black part). The board should then come out

Comment

ive tried, the 2 little clips on the circuit board side, and the 2 in the connector itself. i cant get it to pull out?!

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

Might take a little bit of prying with a small screwdriver, it was by no means easy when i had to do it on my 402.

Comment

I did this a couple months back so I know the main trick to getting it out.
          This wasn't written anywhere.

As you lift the back of the upper board, the rows of gold pins on the front (where the harness connects) will almost touch. Now with one hand, hold the upper board in a way that you can pull it back. With the other hand, put 4 fingers together and place them on the upper row of gold pins (the ones aimed at and angle because the board is at an angle) and with thouse 4 fingers, press down slightly while pulling with the other hand.

The thing is that the black plastic on the board that the gold pins go through has a "lip" on top and it has to be pushed down so that the lip can get under the other black plastic, which is the outer part of the harness connector.

It's a bitch to explain, but I hope it helps.

Comment

thanks fusion, that makes sence, i will try that when i get home tonight!

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

got it, the 4 finger trick works great! thanks

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

Working...
              X