Thanks, r3v!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, r3v!

Just wanted to post up to say thanks to everyone who contributed to the wealth of 24v knowledge that is on this site. I just fired up my swap for the first time yesterday and it worked on the first try! I religiously followed the guides and sorted through all the info that was relevant to my setup and it got me running right! I haven't really posted much because I was able to search for nearly everything I needed to know, and found it!

Anyways, just wanted to share how successful this site enabled my project to become...you guys rock. Here is a vid to my first start, and a link to my wee build thread in the project side...I've got some cool stuff going on in there (at least for the exhaust side of things).

and...

Enjoy, and really, thank you!
    -Gavin

You just motivated me to start hunting harder for a swap.
    2008 335i - n54b30
    1991 318i - m52b28
    1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

Congrats!!

Great work...first try start is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by drumad View Post
        you just motivated me to start hunting harder for a swap.
        +1
        Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

awesome man, it feels great to complete a project like that

Comment

Congrats

I remember that feeling of accomplishment.

Comment

Congrats

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

congrats

Comment

Sweet!!! What else is left?
                  IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I need to drive it, and my rethreading of the coolant temp sensor apparently wasn't the best as it is leaking a tiny bit...I'm just gonna retap the cyl head, so off with the intake mani tonight!

And I think I need to try the non-M slave cyl for the clutch, I can't really get the clutch to disengage, and I'm certain I installed everything correctly in tranny...I got one on the way to see if that helps. I found a few threads where people say they had trouble using the m3 slave due to its larger fluid capacity.

Comment

Congrats dude! Looks like she runs pretty well.

As an aside, after doing my swap I can pull the intake mani in like 15 minutes. :p

Comment

Working...
                      X