what booster is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what booster is this?

And will it work for a 24v swap? its from a 740 just dont know what year. I would have to make new holes in the firewall, its 28.5 inches all they way around.

Looks like a 740i booster, probably from an e32. Will work with the swap if mounted directly to the firewall, you'll have to search the forums but i've seen it used.

Master cyl may need to be changed since the brake like compression fittings are a smaller size on the e30 size..maybe someone else can chime in on this.

Comment

okay i researched i need the MC off of a e34 brake and it bolts right up to the booster? And i need to extend the rod, unsure how to do that though

Comment

That is a 7 series e32 booster.

I have the exact same set up on my swap.

It's tight but it does fit in the stock position without modification to the pedal, booster rod or firewall. Brake lines need to be re routed and front lines need to join at a T because there are only 2 brake line bores.

I shaved off the fins on the intake manifold to give it a little more clearance.

As too the brake line fittings, my fittings from the car fit right in. no problems.
        Function.
        Form.
        sigpic

Comment

we must have different ones then because so far I had to slot the holes in the firewall and the rod is about inch and a half short and i only have two lines going into the mc but the holes on the e32 mc are to big.

Comment

Yeah must be different, I have no idea then. lol
            Function.
            Form.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X