S50 exhaust for E30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S50 exhaust for E30?

Currently swapping S50 in my car 325is....
    From the headers to the cat-back what do you guys do for exhaust? Can we use the stock e36 exhaust headers to cat?

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

I will be selling mine (exhaust) in a month or so. It is the stock E36 midsection with a pacesetter muffler. Already modified to fit the E30. It is heavy so pick up would be prefered, but could ship at buyers expense.
    1988 BMW 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by Beau B
      I will be selling mine (exhaust) in a month or so. It is the stock E36 midsection with a pacesetter muffler. Already modified to fit the E30. It is heavy so pick up would be prefered, but could ship at buyers expense.
      What needed to be modified for it to work like that?
      Also, what are you going to be using once you sell this setup?

Comment

If you want to keep your e30 cats, and back, you can have them connected right to the s50 headers with some custom down pipes. Thats how I have mine done.

Cone K&N+M50+Stromung= :twisted:
        '91 318is
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brew
          If you want to keep your e30 cats, and back, you can have them connected right to the s50 headers with some custom down pipes. Thats how I have mine done.

Cone K&N+M50+Stromung= :twisted:
          Cool, I think I might go that route.....
          Does it sound good?

Comment

Yes, it sounds awesome. All tunnels are taken with the windows down and the radio off.
            '91 318is
            sigpic

Comment

I used the stock headers and then had a custom exhaust made. I went 2.5" dual exhaust all the way back with 2 magnaflow cats and a flowmaster muffler. I like the overall setup, but the only thing i might change later will be the muffler but for now its good enough.
              '87 325 w/ S52 OBD1 engine swap, 98 M3 tranny, 3.25 LSD, 3.5" HFM, Intake, 24lb injectors, Chip, TMS UDP, Fan Delete, 98 M3 headers w/ custom 2.5" dual exhaust

Comment

1 resonator, a muffler, and get a muffler shop to weld up some 2.5" single pipe all the way back.

Comment

Originally posted by OOMPH!
                  Originally posted by Beau B
                  What needed to be modified for it to work like that?
                  Also, what are you going to be using once you sell this setup?
                  The rear pipes had to be shortened, otherwise if would of been to long. I am going with a custom 3 inch exhaust.

Beau
                  1988 BMW 325iS

Comment

Working...
                  X