Fuel lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel lines

Hooking up my fuel lines and noticed I have 3 lines coming from the same area. I do not remember what the feed and return lines are and what the 3rd one goes too. Can you guys help me out?

Line A & B are the same length (pretty long) but seem like the material the line is made out of is different.

Line C is much shorter but is the same type of line as line A (black rubber with green stripe).

Thanks guys.

M50B25tu

Okay so I looked on e30tech and found the answers, but raises another one.

So A is return, B is feed and C is vent for charcoal canister.

I read previously that the charcoal canister vents to the outside air. so how is it setup? TB to perge valve to canister then to line C?

M50B25tu

Comment

The filtered line (just follow it from the filter back) goes to the front of the fuel rail. The other goes to the regulator side and is your return.

The line from the charcoal canister plugs into the metal that goes to your gas tank. Then there's one on top of the charcoal canister that connects to the check valve and goes to the throttle body.

Comment

I would recommend keeping the charcoal canister, I didn't and now whenever I open my gas cap on a hot day I vent gas fumes like a mofo out the cap. It's surprising how much pressure actually builds up in there.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

You could buy #15 pn 16131177514 and delete the line+charcoal canister
          +check valve... This part is used on cars without a catalytic converter.

Charley

Comment

I know this thread is old, but charley's solution is better than any I've seen and I want this subscribed so I can find it.

Comment

so, would the cel turn on if you delete the canister since its not hooked up? (im in the middle of my swap)

Comment

Working...
              X